+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The best game you watched at Millmoor.

The best game you watched at Millmoor.

Mines got to be against the mighty Arsenal,McDonald scored early on & I can remember my dad jokingly saying are we going home now.Then Finney & Gwyther took over 3-1 to the Millers great night great atmosphere.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    Mines got to be against the mighty Arsenal,McDonald scored early on & I can remember my dad jokingly saying are we going home now.Then Finney & Gwyther took over 3-1 to the Millers great night great atmosphere.
    Bugger thought of same game until I opened the thread !
    Went to Bumhole Lane previous night and saw the Blunts beat the Scousers 1-0, thought there was no chance of two consecutive upsets. How wrong was I ?
    Still remember the @rsenil fans cheering when we first ran out in "their kit"

I'll go for second favourite then
    Millers 6 Chelsea 0

Miller's 6 Liverpool 0

Not a game that Malcolm MacDonald would like to be reminded of. He injured his knee in that game and it effectively ended his career.

Quote Originally Posted by BramleyMiller58 View Post
    Bugger thought of same game until I opened the thread !
    Went to Bumhole Lane previous night and saw the Blunts beat the Scousers 1-0, thought there was no chance of two consecutive upsets. How wrong was I ?
    Still remember the @rsenil fans cheering when we first ran out in "their kit"

I'll go for second favourite then
    Millers 6 Chelsea 0
    I also went to both games if memory serves me right it was 2nd round of league cup and the FA changed the rules the following year

They made it 2 legs in the second round as well as the first they obviously didn't like 2 top teams going out so early

Great fightback..thought we were going to be buried..one of the top nights at millmoor...but ive spotted wrinkly has commented on your post and is usually good at correcting things..no sarcasm intended...but im almost sure frank stapleton scored their goal in the railway end..

Another great game...second leg against sheffield utd at millmoor league cup..1-1 at bramall lane, bobby williamson scores a penalty in the last minute in the tivoli end after ex utd player mark dempsey was pulled down in the box by simon tracey...sheff utd were a big strong side at the time and hard to beat..tony agana, brian dean, bryson, dave bassets team...but we had tony grealish, john buckley, and williamson and clive...buckley ran them ragged at bramall lane..great night..

There were more than 10000 at that game.

..but im almost sure frank stapleton scored their goal in the railway end..[/QUOTE]

It's not often you're wrong milla, indeed Frank Stapleton did score with Malcolm Mac assisting.
    Can't disagree with that game being at the top for Cup matches although Man U runs it a close 2nd.

Too many to mention and if I did have to pick one League game it would be ...
    Millers v Plymouth when Rodney Fern scored, the one we won 2-1 to win the League, Porterfield and a defence to be proud of.
    Last edited by Casper64Frank; 11-12-2017 at 06:39 AM.

[QUOTE=Casper64Frank
    Millers v Plymouth when Rodney Fern scored, the one we won 2-1 to win the League, Porterfield and a defence to be proud of.[/QUOTE]

Wasn't this around 80/81 season Casper. It's the one I always think of. Fantastic year until June 19th

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast