+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Slightly OT - The weather

Slightly OT - The weather

So I'm sitting here in Birmingham, one other person in the office, both of us Derbyshire dwellers and the locals have cried off due to the weather - one such lives on a road I drove past to get here, another living 6 miles away has announced he's working from home so his new 4X4 doesn't get damaged...

Anyhoo,it brought to mind some of the grim scenes I've encountered when following the Rams, especially this famous game from boxing day 1970, after which I and many others trudged miles home in the snow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-0YhKyFeKs

I don't think games would be played in such conditions these days.

Not 'Soccer' games anyway.

Check this out from last evening, I almost got frostbite watching it, and bear in mind it was a four-hour game and there were 55,000 folk there. You might think Donald Trump is mad, this is madness on a different level

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMJox-O9H0c

By the way, it was a good game...

Anyone else got any memories of following The Rams in adverse conditions? Three hours of cats and dogs rain in an open Holt End also comes to mind

Interesting Andy. So 10am Monday you have driven to Birmingham, yet at 9:30 pm UK time you were in Buffalo as the final overtime whistle went.

Thats devotion to duty - or you are superman.

Cor blimey. Talk about reminds me of me dad. That was his favourite topic

Quote Originally Posted by roger_ramjet View Post
    Interesting Andy. So 10am Monday you have driven to Birmingham, yet at 9:30 pm UK time you were in Buffalo as the final overtime whistle went.

Thats devotion to duty - or you are superman.
    ...watching it on telly...

We had about 6 inches of the stuff yesterday. Started again about 3 hours ago, somewhat powdery at forst but they are huge flakes again now and no sign of a let up.

Surely you could have put your heating on at home then, to avoid said frostbite? Or did you take your telly out into the garden to try to mirror conditions?

What channel was that game on - I watched a poor Oakland get beaten by Kansas City on Sky followed by an excellent win for The jaguars over Seattle?

Quote Originally Posted by roger_ramjet View Post
    Surely you could have put your heating on at home then, to avoid said frostbite? Or did you take your telly out into the garden to try to mirror conditions?

What channel was that game on - I watched a poor Oakland get beaten by Kansas City on Sky followed by an excellent win for The jaguars over Seattle?
    I treated myself to an NFL gamepass

And,,,,,for the pedantic,,,,,the conditions at the game made me feel cold despite the comfortable ambient temperature in my drawing room. K?

My God you have so many drawing rooms that you give them each a letter?

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)