+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: January Transfer Window

January Transfer Window

Its a massive transfer window for us.

So let's say we do sell Jonny Evans for £30m which looks likely to be the case, who would you do?

Here's what I would if I was Pardew:

- Buy a quality right back, replace Evans with Dawson when he's back from injury at CB
    - I would recall Leko back from his loan at Bristol City, he's not playing there at the moment and he's got skill and pace which is something we lack. Would be a good option if only from off the bench. If not buy a creative midfielder with some pace.
    - Bomb Livermore out completely
    - Buy a striker, think about playing 2 up top

Right Back options:
    Fonsuh-Mensa at Man U on loan
    Flanagan at Liverpool on loan
    Debuchy at Arsenal

Striker options:
    Slimani at Leicester I don't think is playing much
    Danny Ings on loan
    Troy Deeney

Anyone think of any other options?

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    Its a massive transfer window for us.

So let's say we do sell Jonny Evans for £30m which looks likely to be the case, who would you do?

Here's what I would if I was Pardew:

- Buy a quality right back, replace Evans with Dawson when he's back from injury at CB
    - I would recall Leko back from his loan at Bristol City, he's not playing there at the moment and he's got skill and pace which is something we lack. Would be a good option if only from off the bench. If not buy a creative midfielder with some pace.
    - Bomb Livermore out completely
    - Buy a striker, think about playing 2 up top

Right Back options:
    Fonsuh-Mensa at Man U on loan
    Flanagan at Liverpool on loan
    Debuchy at Arsenal

Striker options:
    Slimani at Leicester I don't think is playing much
    Danny Ings on loan
    Troy Deeney

Anyone think of any other options?
    Bring back Tyler Roberts too?

To be honest, attacking wise anything is better than what we have now...

Quote Originally Posted by SwedishBaggie View Post
    Bring back Tyler Roberts too?

To be honest, attacking wise anything is better than what we have now...
    Its a good shout,

To be honest, if you played a lot of younger players like Roberts, Leko and Field with some of our older experienced heads like Morrison, Brunt and Yacob we'd have a decent side..

Send back gk to psg and try and get the, surplus to their requirements, hatem Ben arfa on loan.

I know he's a nutter but pardew had him at Newcastle and he is a match winner with the mf skill we need.

It would be great if leko and Roberts came back to save us, but it's unlikely they will and could be the ruin of them if the losses continue.

I'd try for ings or sturridge on loan.

Hopefully with world cup places up for grabs these players will want game time and have something to prove.

Sell Evans, as it doesn't look like he wants to extend his deal, which only has 18 months left.

Chadli lot of talent but no desire or bottle,happy picking his big wages up. Don't think he's up for the fight. Sell in January.
    You could get Shane Long back, for half the price and win some penaltys. I would also bring Tyler Roberts back.

Quote Originally Posted by soulman101 View Post
    Chadli lot of talent but no desire or bottle,happy picking his big wages up. Don't think he's up for the fight. Sell in January.
    You could get Shane Long back, for half the price and win some penaltys. I would also bring Tyler Roberts back.
    I wander if his attitude will alter with a change of manager, also in world cup year he needs to play games and play well to make sure he gets in the Belgium squad.

Quote Originally Posted by soulman101 View Post
    I'd keep Chadli because I think he's got quality. But Shane Long is a great shout, probably available too. Would put a shift in every match for us.

I think Shane Long would bring more to the team than Rodriguez, and he’s a Tipperary boy as well.

Liked Long when he was here last.......doesn't score enough goals though......and that is the problem area at the mo! He's more likely to say 'never go back' and our skinflint lot wouldn't pay the wages required anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by Pugmitch View Post
    Liked Long when he was here last.......doesn't score enough goals though......and that is the problem area at the mo! He's more likely to say 'never go back' and our skinflint lot wouldn't pay the wages required anyway!
    Agree Pug good honest lad but we need goals & he didn't score enough first time round .

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)