+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Forte (genuine footballl topic)

Forte (genuine footballl topic)

I can see a few of you think he can go in January. Nolan seems to not really rate him although its hard to be sure.

Some think Alessandro better than Forte. Anyone know goals scored between the 2?

Any opinions as to what exactly you think is wrong with Forte?

Forte is one of those 'so so' players for me. As things stand we need him because we don't have many striking options if Stead or Shola are unavailable, and he's a decent option to have on the bench. Saying that, I'm hoping that Nolan will use his contacts to get a loanee striker in January from the top two divisions with a bit of pace and goal threat. Forte's weakness is that he has too many anonymous games when he starts and always looks better in his cameo appearances. Not the worst player, but we will need better to stay where we are.

Quote Originally Posted by calmpie View Post
    I can see a few of you think he can go in January. Nolan seems to not really rate him although its hard to be sure.

Some think Alessandro better than Forte. Anyone know goals scored between the 2?

Any opinions as to what exactly you think is wrong with Forte?
    Find one club Forte has scored a lot of goals at. His is useful backup no doubt but if we can bring in a decent striker I'd get rid.

Forte 5 goals, Alessandra 3. But 2 of Forte’s were in the Mickey Mouse Cup, so it’s 3 each in the League.

Forte has a turn of speed which can be useful coming on as a sub late in the game. He isn’t the best striker we’ve ever had, but he isn’t the worst either. We should be careful about letting him go - only if we’ve already signed a better replacement IMO.

Kevin Bartlett was the same,fast but the end product was not his best.Defenders hate pace.I,d keep him

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    Kevin Bartlett was the same,fast but the end product was not his best.Defenders hate pace.I,d keep him
    My memory might be a little off but I'm pretty certain Bartlett was significantly quicker than Forte.

I seem to remember he was significantly quicker ...than anyone!

On Forte, I'd keep him but I'm not convinced he'll want to stay simply to be our impact paceman.

To be fair to Alessandra he’s not a striker?

Alessandro is nowhere near as good as Forte. How he keeps getting in the side ahead of Forte is mind boggling....

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    Alessandro is nowhere near as good as Forte. How he keeps getting in the side ahead of Forte is mind boggling....
    I’m sure Nolan will take your expertise onboard 🙄 another corker of a quote

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast