+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Thoughts from Saturday

Thoughts from Saturday

In the London spirit of ‘arry Enfield ‘Ello Peeps’ - long time and hope everyone is surviving the Yorkshire snow.

I went to the game in hope rather than expectation (having been to the same fixture last year) on Saturday with my youngest realising I had never ever seen Leeds win in the flesh at QPR and my youngest had never seen Leeds win away.

First half QPR were the most likely and probably unlucky not to score. Not sure Alioski actually got a touch on the ball. Phillips and Vieira looked at times like strangers to each other, mainly when we didn’t have the ball, which allowed QPR to slice us open exploiting the gaping chasm between midfield and defence. The inept passing seen at Fulham and Brentford last season made a few first half appearances too. Siaz looked good but couldn’t do it by himself. It just looked unlikely we would break them down and at times we looked light weight being pushed off the ball.

Ekuban going off changed it all. With Roofe making new changed a little and last 5 mins first half we looked okay.

The second half was a marked improvement - maybe TC had an impromptu how to pass the ball half time talk. Whatever it was we looked much better and the shape with Roofe up top making runs allowing more space for Siaz and suddenly Alioski was seeing the ball. Cibicki is very quick and heaven forbid for a Leeds winger seems to like to whip crosses in early - hope he gets an extended run.

Roofe ran intelligently and was clinical. Siaz oozed class with his quick feet and agile mind. When O’Kane came on he added calm.

Once the first goal went in we looked v good and seems clear we are best suited to teams coming on to us and hitting them on the break rather than breaking them down.

Keeper was unfortunate came for ball then changed his mind.

Nice touch at the end when the third went in Pontus, Cooper and Berardi all went and hugged the keeper.

Even better my QPR and my youngest’s Jinx has been broken.

Summary we have the potential to be very good and play well when we are in front but the old Leeds frailties are lurking just below the surface.

Roofe deserves an extended run up front but hope TC plays the right people with him - quick of foot and mind.

We need a holding midfielder who can break it up when we don’t have the ball and a left footed left back would be nice and bring balance going forward.

MOT

Cheers for you summary mate

always nice to hear from fans attending the game on there views. Great day out for your young un.....well done mate.

Quote Originally Posted by george_kaplan View Post
    Cheers for you summary mate

always nice to hear from fans attending the game on there views. Great day out for your young un.....well done mate.
    Cheers George and the curse/virus/ecstacy of being a proper Leeds fan has taken hold in his blood so another Leeds fan for life. He loves Siaz, Roofe and Jansen but thinks Sacko wouldn’t make his Friday fives team .....

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)