+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: O/T Sky Sports Football HD picture quality deterioration

O/T Sky Sports Football HD picture quality deterioration

Does anyone else thing their standard HD picture quality/clarity for football has worsened since they started broadcasting in Ultra HD ? Could this be deliberate to persuade us to invest in a new box and the extra charges?

not being sarcastic but try cleaning your tv screen it can make a difference

My sky was rubbish in any kind of inclement weather. I decided to upgrade to sky q which is getting installed next weekend.

Unbelievably my picture has been fine ever since I upgraded. Call me cynical....

My picture was poor on Hd then I had a problem so I reset the box and problem resolved and picture quality considerably better too.

Age ? cataract?

Quote Originally Posted by Timbertop View Post
    Does anyone else thing their standard HD picture quality/clarity for football has worsened since they started broadcasting in Ultra HD ? Could this be deliberate to persuade us to invest in a new box and the extra charges?
    Same principle as washing powder
    Since the 60's white has become whiter & whiter & whiter How bloody white can you get
    The newest white is whiter than the last in whiteness which is now shown as grey by comparison
    Shows how disingenuous advertising is & Mr Murdoch is tops at that

Quote Originally Posted by one_a_day View Post
    My sky was rubbish in any kind of inclement weather. I decided to upgrade to sky q which is getting installed next weekend.

Unbelievably my picture has been fine ever since I upgraded. Call me cynical....
    Q Box is the way forward. Had mine approx 3 months excellent picture quality.

Folk bang on about Murdochs monopoly with TV and channels and what he charges but, take the lot away and what are you left with?

Very poor choice, multiple repeats of repeats for which we have to pay a fee to view just to pamper Auntie BBC.

Take the other channels and they are a business that promote airtime space for companies to promote their products. This is where it shows the BBC is well out of date and the time has must surely come to scrap the TV licence fee.

It is all about personal choice and needs. I for one, within reason, don’t mind paying to watch Sky as there are vast choices of interesting channels to choose from not just 5.

Like I said it’s all about personal choice.

Folk bang on about Murdochs monopoly with TV and channels and what he charges but, take the lot away and what are you left with?

More spending money for washing powder but

I'll bet you flip channels though when ads come on the channel you're watching
    Last edited by Exiletyke; 13-12-2017 at 10:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post

More spending money for washing powder but

I'll bet you flip channels though when ads come on the channel you're watching
    Probably do sometimes but to other multiple sky channels not just the other four.

Sky is overpriced bull by and large, apart from the sport (which is getting less by the year, BT taking test matches and football) you get a lot of dross on sky, and to be honest i haven't missed it one bit since i got rid a few years ago.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast