+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Qos v Dundee United

Also,regarding the fixtures,quite often the games scheduled during the Winter are quite often the longest distances we (and the opposition)have to travel.Usually in the worst of the weather.Example Inverness in 4 weeks time and Brechin coming here two weeks later.Surely these long distance games could be arranged to be played at the end or the start of the season?Does it really matter if we play the same team(s) twice or even thrice in consecutive weeks if it avoids to likelyhood of postponements due to crappy weather?

Quote Originally Posted by Bagapapa View Post
    Also,regarding the fixtures,quite often the games scheduled during the Winter are quite often the longest distances we (and the opposition)have to travel.Usually in the worst of the weather.Example Inverness in 4 weeks time and Brechin coming here two weeks later.Surely these long distance games could be arranged to be played at the end or the start of the season?Does it really matter if we play the same team(s) twice or even thrice in consecutive weeks if it avoids to likelyhood of postponements due to crappy weather?
    Some good points being made here. To think of it another way, Inverness was one of the few grounds I hadn’t seen Queens play at and because I was keen to do so I made the trip for the earlier fixture. I’m glad I did. Who’s to say the next one (on 13 January, a date not known for clement weather!) will go ahead and who’s likely, apart from the absolute diehards (who I will always salute for their commitment) would make it up there for a Tuesday night rescheduled fixture? And at what additional expense?
    In this financial climate it would seem to make sense for the benefit of both clubs and their fans to readjust the timing of these fixtures. Good thinking by posters above.
    Also take on board Jordi’s point about Annan and and Queens home ties. I’ve never taken the time to check this but if there is commonly a clash then Jardi’s point is well made and should also be considered.
    Last edited by louisxiv; 14-12-2017 at 10:02 PM.

Shuggle - this is a point that I have already raised this season. Queens only had 3 home matches from the end of August to the end of November, - followed by 5 crammed into a five week period which ends on the 2nd of January. Not only must it be extremely difficult to manage the cash flow for a club like Queens from August through November, - but no club can expect their fans to attend 5 matches in 5 weeks, - especially at this time of year, which traditionally is the most difficult time to attract fans.

I'm sure the directors of Celtic and Rangers would kick up a fuss about scheduling and rightly so. The SFA must be fair and reasonable to all clubs, - but asking any computer to keep Annan and Queens home matches apart would be like asking it to calculate 1 and 1.

With regards to the simple matter of Queens and Annan, - it would make sense to alternate their home matches (and as Shuggle suggests to also have a home match followed by an away match for each team all the way through the season) By doing that, both clubs could maximise their potential attendances.

Today and next week will give us an idea of if we can challenge these clubs at the top or if it will just be a push for the play offs.
    We played really well last week and I really hope we can do it at home as people I know are starting not to go as they are saying we are playing boring hoof ball.
    Tough game but got a feeling that a Dobbie 100th goal will see us get a positive result.

Come on Queens & Dobbie!

Queens usually trip themselves up in these two type of games against clubs above them but hopefully Dobbie et al can kick on after last weekend's win over the Pars.

Half time....outclassed,outplayed and outfought.Can't honestly see things getting any better.Good crowd,poor performance.Same old,same old!

Pleased at that
    Hopefully Queens will turn up at the rematch!

Completely baffled as to the decision to abandon today's game at half time apparently as the pitch was deemed unsafe to continue. I, as well as everyone around me, was astonished at this decision as there had been no evidence of the pitch being unplayable at any stage during the first half and being an all weather artificial pitch just how does dropping/near freezing temperatures cause this type of surface to suddenly become unplayable unless there had been a sudden shower which there had not occurred.
    As for the game we were lucky to get to half time 0-0 as Dundee united were far superior to Queens and I would say probably the best I have seen at Palmerston this season. Still we live to fight another day and hopefully lesson will have been learnt and we will put on a better show for the return match.

According to radio Scotland, both captains voiced their concerns to the referee that playing conditions had changed towards the end of the second half.

As for the game, we had a few half chances but Dundee United are a different class.

Got lucky with the yellow card

Brownlie's yellow card still stands bizarrely!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)