+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Qos v Dundee United

Qos v Dundee United

https://youtu.be/Jk36sMoDaYg Promise I wasn't trying to steal Albertz's thunder . Just come across the highlights of our next opponents last game and put it on before I forgot.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    https://youtu.be/Jk36sMoDaYg Promise I wasn't trying to steal Albertz's thunder . Just come across the highlights of our next opponents last game and put it on before I forgot.
    Albertz will be miffed with you. A game I a really looking forward to and hopefully we can start with the same eleven again hopefully adopting a positive attitude from the start playing the ball on the ground to our strengths. United, I thought harsh in dismissing McKinnon, seem to be playing some attractive football under their new manager so it will be a real test for Queens this Saturday and let's hope for a great outcome along with a noisy and rancorous support to cheer the lads on. Mon the South.

With Christmas nearly upon us will many more than the hard - core 1,200, 1,300 Queens fans turn out despite the great performance last week v the Pars ? Will certainly be a bigger crowd than usual though as the Arabs took 500 - odd to Morton last Saturday. Keep the ball on the deck and no hoof - ball please as ex Palmy star big Durnan wins everything in the air.

Craig Thomson is the referee this weekend

I'm not upset at all, folks.

The Standard and Courier really need to promote this game; "Top of the league Dundee United visit 3rd top Queens on Saturday, - don't miss it!"

Christmas shopping has been consigned to the history book (as most people do it on - line anyway) and before top class football at Palmerston follows suit, - we need to start persuading a few more people to get their butts along on Saturday.

Even for the die-hards they can shop all day and still get there in plenty of time for kick-off, - plus they can go on Sunday anyway, - so it's no big deal.

I think we need to remind folks that if they want top class local football they need to start supporting it or lose it.

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post
    The Standard and Courier really need to promote this game; "Top of the league Dundee United visit 3rd top Queens on Saturday, - don't miss it!"

Christmas shopping has been consigned to the history book (as most people do it on - line anyway) and before top class football at Palmerston follows suit, - we need to start persuading a few more people to get their butts along on Saturday.

Even for the die-hards they can shop all day and still get there in plenty of time for kick-off, - plus they can go on Sunday anyway, - so it's no big deal.

I think we need to remind folks that if they want top class local football they need to start supporting it or lose it.

The games have never been more promoted than they are now on social media Jardi

Not sure what more we can do to get people through the gates again. It’s very frustrating

Too much warmer competition these days I'm afraid!

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post

100% agree with you jardi ,but the big prob is from these floating fans or neutrals what ever you may call them is price 16 quid to them is extortion ,to the diehard it seems an ok price ,and these floaters want to see much greater quality ,so with that combination queens are up a gumtree getting them thru the turnstiles ,you will get big crowds from time to time and some will come out the closet with a string of winning performances but fans in general seem to be drifting away from paying to watch footie as you can see the big teams regularly on tv for nout ,so unless an arab or oil baron bankrolls queens we have got what we have got our die hard ageing support lol ,i have no doubt there must be some solution out there but wont be holding ones breath .

Quote Originally Posted by Francis_begbie_HFC View Post
    100% agree with you jardi ,but the big prob is from these floating fans or neutrals what ever you may call them is price 16 quid to them is extortion ,to the diehard it seems an ok price ,and these floaters want to see much greater quality ,so with that combination queens are up a gumtree getting them thru the turnstiles ,you will get big crowds from time to time and some will come out the closet with a string of winning performances but fans in general seem to be drifting away from paying to watch footie as you can see the big teams regularly on tv for nout ,so unless an arab or oil baron bankrolls queens we have got what we have got our die hard ageing support lol ,i have no doubt there must be some solution out there but wont be holding ones breath .

Think yourself lucky that Queens haven’t increased admission prices for 4 years and didn’t get greedy when playing the likes of Rangers , Hearts and Hibs . Whilst other clubs charged more we didn’t and we’re still the cheapest in the league

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)