+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Video Ref

Video Ref

Suppose this deserves a thread of its own as its quite prominent now

Plenty of errors been seen so far. The Chile boys elbow only being a booking in the confed cup, the wrong cameroon player being sent off in the confed too, Chiles perfectly good goal being chopped,guess what, confed cup too. Englands pen and France losing a man in the process, Atalanta game this season where the ref stopped for 4 mins in the second half where there were 6 subs made but still only 3 added on, just off the top of my head. There have been alot more

Tonight another bizarre one

Lazio v Torino. Ciro Immobile tries to cross the ball into the box hitting Torinos Burdisso on the hand. Its as stonewall as you like. Clear view of ref and the c@nt behind the goal. Budisso and Immobile clash with immobile kind of shoulder/cheek butting him. The video ref pings and Immobille is sent off. Surely to f@ck the video ref should have pinged for the initial blatant as f@ck penalty. You wont see a clearer pen. So Lazio went down to 10 and got pumped 3-1 when they could have went up 1-0 if they scored the pen changing the game(Torino very good for their money to be fair) .Puzzling
    Last edited by Pacman1903; 11-12-2017 at 10:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Suppose this deserves a thread of its own as its quite prominent now

Plenty of errors been seen so far. The Chile boys elbow only being a booking in the confed cup, the wrong cameroon player being sent off in the confed too, Chiles perfectly good goal being chopped,guess what, confed cup too. Englands pen and France losing a man in the process, Atalanta game this season where the ref stopped for 4 mins in the second half where there were 6 subs made but still only 3 added on, just off the top of my head. There have been alot more

Tonight another bizarre one

Lazio v Torino. Ciro Immobile tries to cross the ball into the box hitting Torinos Burdisso on the hand. Its as stonewall as you like. Clear view of ref and the c@nt behind the goal. Budisso and Immobile clash with immobile kind of shoulder/cheek butting him. The video ref pings and Immobille is sent off. Surely to f@ck the video ref should have pinged for the initial blatant as f@ck penalty. You wont see a clearer pen. So Lazio went down to 10 and got pumped 3-1 when they could have went up 1-0 if they scored the pen changing the game(Torino very good for their money to be fair) .Puzzling

Have to watch they don't get on the square eyes watching all that TV !

Actually I am not a fan but I suppose if the football authorities manage it properly it could work ....... Ah.

Video ref controversy again. Again in the Olimpico in Rome

Roma v Cagliari

93 min at 0-0 Kholarov swings in a free kick and the keeper punches it of a Roma boy (who was onside) but the ball landed at Fazio who knocked it in. Fazio was infront of the Roma boy who intially touched it and there was no defender between him and keeper. The goal was given although it was clearly offside. Then it went to VAR and it was still given.

Roma won 1-0

I've looked at it a few times. I could be wrong but it looked to me that the keeper hit it against the same lad that scored.

Quote Originally Posted by cougared View Post
    I've looked at it a few times. I could be wrong but it looked to me that the keeper hit it against the same lad that scored.
    It looks like the punch hits Manolas (44) then Fazio who then score with his second touch

Shirely the video ref will kill Willie Miller?

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    It looks like the punch hits Manolas (44) then Fazio who then score with his second touch
    The fact you can still debate the incident, shows how pointless the whole thing is.

Interesting to hear after the World Club Final yesterday Real Madrid have said its sh@te and they don't want it in Spain(where it is coming in next season). They had a controversial decision against them too

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/foot...-Cup-Al-Jazira

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    The fact you can still debate the incident, shows how pointless the whole thing is.
    Dont think it's TOTALLY pointless but it's certainly not foolproof. I was at a couple of game in Lisbon last week. In one the visiting team claimed for a penalty. Eventually, after the ball had gone out, the ref reviewed it. He turned down the appeal. Checked out the highlights on YouTube and .... it certainly looked like a penalty to me. In the other game, the ref used the video to check on a goal that Estoril scored against Benfica. After viewing it he gave handball against the attacker and booked the player. Again, the highlights I saw on Youtube were inconclusive. Both decisions went for the home team.

Think it's worth a try though. Like Considine's goal yesterday would have stood, both teams might have had a penalty.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast