+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Video Ref

Quote Originally Posted by cougared View Post
    Think it's worth a try though. Like Considine's goal yesterday would have stood,
    Aye but would it. It was Bobby Madden

Who decides if it goes to the VAR? The ref? Or is it the VAR who calls him in his earpiece? If it's the ref then it's a waste of time here.

The ref and the video ref watchers are the only people wirh the power to decide The ref doesnt have to view it and can take the word of the the two VAR dudes.

At the Benfica match on saturday night, the ref seemed to ask the guys on the touchline - I dont think he left the pitch to view it. The goal was chopped off for handball. (having looked at it again and bearing in mind my thoughts on the op, it was a tough decision). At Belenenses on the sunday, the ref came over and viewed the monitor off-pitch and he made the decision. This seems inconsistent but there are a few variables.

Ithink the problem with the ref being involved in the VAR decisions is that they'll be biased towards their own original decision. Should be the guys on the side and no one else.

Quote Originally Posted by andoplzcumbak View Post
    Ithink the problem with the ref being involved in the VAR decisions is that they'll be biased towards their own original decision. Should be the guys on the side and no one else.
    Agree 100%

You - after watching the Pacos penalty appeal against Belenenses - it looked like a pen to me but the ref (who made the original decision) disagreed.

Serie A again tonight. Genoa took a 2-1 lead v Lazio. In the lead up to the goal the Lazio defender tries an acrobatic clearance when the Genoa goalscorer is not even a quarter of a yard behind him. The ball hits his hand and hes in and scores. His hand isn't away from his body its not directed towards the ball and and hes a ball hair away from the defender when it happened.

VAR and goal disallowed. Incredibly incredibly f@cking harsh. I would say its a mistake by the ref. Again

Justice prevails the same boy just scored in the 92 minute to win it

Quote Originally Posted by OneBrianIrvine View Post
    Its rubbish and all it does is make human errors more apparent as the refs keep making an arse of it. Its there to help refs yet its making them look more faddish. Get rid

I wonder what VAR would have made of John Beaton's ludicrous decision to kill today's game by awarding a penalty to Celtic at 1-0 for a challenge that was clearly outside the box even when viewed in real time.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast