+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Am I missing summatt?

Am I missing summatt?

January window round the corner and a few supporters getting excited that we are going to splash a bit of cash. The way I read it from the new owners is that we are going to have to generate our own income obviously with the expertise of the new board!

I think Hecky said yesterday the club have to stick to their wage structure so the only way that will change is when the club's income streams improve.

Is that how other people read it or am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by Swazer16 View Post
    January window round the corner and a few supporters getting excited that we are going to splash a bit of cash. The way I read it from the new owners is that we are going to have to generate our own income obviously with the expertise of the new board!

I think Hecky said yesterday the club have to stick to their wage structure so the only way that will change is when the club's income streams improve.

Going to back Hecky and give him some support they said .

Money will be made available in my opinion next month , put it another way , if they don't they will be the owners of a league one club next season and I'm sure that's not in their business plan .

As regards wages paid at a championship rate to attract players the new owners will say alright but we will increase ticket prices is that what we want?

Quote Originally Posted by Swazer16 View Post

Negatively speykin---

Tha spot on. Sell Yiadom and Bradshaw. Use money to buy McBurnie. Job done. No cost to Gang of Four.

Positivly speykin

Sell Mawson , Bree , Hourihane , Winnall , Roberts and John Stones sell on , £22m

And spend £20m on replacements .

Net profit of £2m .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Positivly speykin

Sell Mawson , Bree , Hourihane , Winnall , Roberts and John Stones sell on , £22m

And spend £20m on replacements .

Net profit of £2m .

Don't forget Holgate £2 mill
    When did we spend £20 mill?
    As the OP says Am I missing summatt?

Buy harvey barnes too

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    Don't forget Holgate £2 mill
    When did we spend £20 mill?
    As the OP says Am I missing summatt?
    No exile I'm going on what the consortium did at Nice , they spent what they accumulated in transfer fees back into the squad .

Which is a slightly different model to what we've become accustomed to of late .

Misunderstood but you probably get my meaning Animal

Nope tha not missing owt Swazer. I think any reds fan expecting big money to be spent in Jan are in forra rude awakening. However, you'd expect if Andy Yiadom leaves then we'll reinvest that money back in the team

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast