+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Next Up - Partick Thistle

Next Up - Partick Thistle

Motherwell take to the road again on Wednesday as they try to end a mini-slump in Maryhill. Our prospects of success will be boosted if the back room staff can manage some running repairs on injured players.

http://www.motherwell-mad.co.uk/news...43/index.shtml

Last edited by jwok; 12-12-2017 at 11:37 AM.

Moult, Cadden, Hartley, Fisher all out. Probably Carson too.

Take your boots to Firhill and tun up early - you may get a game!

You'd normally say take a point with that injury list but their defending is so bad we should be looking for all three...keep it tight and they'll likely throw us the game if their form is anything to go by.

Mmm ... if we go with a positive mind set. and quick out the blocks approach we could be home n hosed by HT.

Partick Thistle are the worst side I have seen us play this season going by the match at Fir Park, but with that injury list I'm not hopeful tonight. I reckon we're looking at a 0-0 or a 0-1 in an utter sh1tfest that would get football stopped.

Quote Originally Posted by LawSteelman View Post
    Partick Thistle are the worst side I have seen us play this season going by the match at Fir Park, but with that injury list I'm not hopeful tonight. I reckon we're looking at a 0-0 or a 0-1 in an utter sh1tfest that would get football stopped.
    Pretty much my view. If Thistle score even one its game over. 0-0 is our best hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Wellup4it View Post
    Pretty much my view. If Thistle score even one its game over. 0-0 is our best hope.
    Thistle concede at a rate of nearly two a game and have kept only two clean sheets in the league all season. Even with a very limited side, there's a decent chance we'll score tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome_Devil View Post
    Thistle concede at a rate of nearly two a game and have kept only two clean sheets in the league all season. Even with a very limited side, there's a decent chance we'll score tonight.
    We look utterly toothless without Moult in the side or if he is off form and as I've said since pre-season, a front line consisting of Bowman, Fisher and/or Tanner will not get us goals. Bowman has came on a lot since last season but is less effective when not playing the foil to Moult and isn't going to be a prolific goalscorer. If and when we lose Moult in January we will need to have a replacement lined up or else the second half of the season will be a struggle.

My concern is about the five games we still have to face before we can refresh the team. If we can get a fair return of points from them that we will probably go on to have a good season.

Quote Originally Posted by LawSteelman View Post
    We look utterly toothless without Moult in the side or if he is off form and as I've said since pre-season, a front line consisting of Bowman, Fisher and/or Tanner will not get us goals. Bowman has came on a lot since last season but is less effective when not playing the foil to Moult and isn't going to be a prolific goalscorer. If and when we lose Moult in January we will need to have a replacement lined up or else the second half of the season will be a struggle.
    Oh absolutely but the vast majority of goals in the lower half of the table came from set pieces, deflections or errors from the opposition. Against anyone remotely competent we will struggle badly without Moult - all the possession and hardly a chance in the second half at Tynecastle for example - but if we keep it tight at the back ourselves, we will still win more than we lose against the bottom six.

We may or may not score tonight but to suggest we have no chance of doing so - therefore suggesting this Thistle defence will definitely keep a clean sheet - is clearly ridiculous.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)