+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: That win felt like promotion... - Warne

That win felt like promotion... - Warne

After a torrid run of form, the Millers picked up their first win in 8 attempts, with boss Paul Warne telling the post match media conference that the dressing room felt as if they had won promotion. - External Link

One swallow doesn't make a summer Paul - if you made early substitutions v Blackpool how come its the first time we have seen any obvious Plan B when obviously things /formations in previous games haven't been working and you have always gone for like for like substitutions? Maybe he is now listening to Barker or Not whichever might be the case.

That win put the dole office slightly further away.

As for plans A and B, a lot of saturdays events were forced not chosen

The man is in his first season with his OWN choice of team players.

Yes he's making mistakes along the way but, he's learning. Fans are like chairman, they want instant success.
    To those people I would say 'How big of an instant success were you when put in charge of your first role?' Oh, and were you given time to prove yourself.

In other words get of his back.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    The man is in his first season with his OWN choice of team players.

Yes he's making mistakes along the way but, he's learning. Fans are like chairman, they want instant success.
    To those people I would say 'How big of an instant success were you when put in charge of your first role?' Oh, and were you given time to prove yourself.

In other words get of his back.
    There's some merit in that Brin but how long would you leave it before changes are made?

Personally I think it all hinges on squad improvements in January.

Grist, totally agree as January will show several things.

1. Stewart actually has some of this ‘fourth highest budget’ to give Warne to spend, or will be seen as talking bolony again!

2. No cash won’t necessarily mean Stewart is not willing to invest anymore into the club this season. It may well mean he doesn’t trust Warne to spend it anymore having seen the return on Purrington so far this season.

3. Warne has already stated over several weeks he knows his targets and who he wants.

4. Warne doesn’t get his targets and scrambles to bring in loans

5. Warne brings in his targets and we finish mid or above like he predicted

6. Warne brings in his targets and we skirt with relegation and if that happens I can see Stewart saying ‘Thank you Warney but goodbye’

7. We hit the play offs and fans get giddy thinking of promo and all the ‘I told you so’ experts scurry away like the rats they are.

Too many swings and roundabouts with emotions all over the place.

Don’t you just love football ⚽️

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Grist, totally agree as January will show several things.

1. Stewart actually has some of this ‘fourth highest budget’ to give Warne to spend, or will be seen as talking bolony again!

2. No cash won’t necessarily mean Stewart is not willing to invest anymore into the club this season. It may well mean he doesn’t trust Warne to spend it anymore having seen the return on Purrington so far this season.

3. Warne has already stated over several weeks he knows his targets and who he wants.

4. Warne doesn’t get his targets and scrambles to bring in loans

5. Warne brings in his targets and we finish mid or above like he predicted

6. Warne brings in his targets and we skirt with relegation and if that happens I can see Stewart saying ‘Thank you Warney but goodbye’

7. We hit the play offs and fans get giddy thinking of promo and all the ‘I told you so’ experts scurry away like the rats they are.

Too many swings and roundabouts with emotions all over the place.

Don’t you just love football ⚽️
    Hasn't Warne already said his targets are mainly loans?
    This despite claiming earlier in the season that he would have the Danny Ward money to spend in January.
    Prepare to be underwhelmed people 😕

All very plausible scenarios but the last run was 1 win in 8.

I don't think Warne and Barker can survive another similar bad run.

New blood might work but what worries me is that our management team seem to be capable of turning a half decent player into a no hoper. All of our current squad seem to have gone backwards in their development. Even the much praised Moore has turned into a thuggish lump up front.