+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Notts Take Action

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Wrong. The rules state that the ticket is for your use only and cannot be given to anyone else.

I agree. I have lent my ST to a mate a couple of times even though it is against the rules on the basis that it is better to have the seat occupied, he might spend a few quid on other things, and might be encouraged to attend in the future. The only time it's not beneficial is if the person who gets the ticket would have paid to attend anyway. That deprives the club of income.
    I'm not here over Christmas so my season ticket will be sat doing nothing for two home games. The club are not loosing any money. What happens in this scenario is that the cost per game increases for me or any other season ticket holder with any games any season ticket holder misses.

I can see where the club would lose money because if I or any other season ticket holder could not make a home game and had a friend or relative who was going who would be paying on the gate then they would be able to benefit from using my ticket instead of me. But the club are trying to encourage more people to attend and have been doing offers to get people in, so I see this as a recruitment drive by season ticket holders if they give their ticket to a friend or relative in their absence as long as it's not an upgrade.

If the club wanted to outlaw this kind of use of season tickets then they may as well just issue a card like the driving license photo-card and numerous other access and security cards that people have for work and educational facilities that have their photo on it.

Or have a bio-metric season ticket.

Only one person has been 'spoken to' about this, and we don't know the full circumstances. But, if it was for lending a season ticket to someone else when they couldn't attend the match, some busybody has clearly grassed them up. Maybe the club had to act in some token way to placate this pedant. The punishment is minor and has not been followed up by a 'warning to you all', Ray Trew style.

Oh, and how often have we seen one of these 'non-transferable' season tickets up for sale on here part way through the season?
    Last edited by Bohinen; 15-12-2017 at 01:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Wrong. The rules state that the ticket is for your use only and cannot be given to anyone else.

I agree. I have lent my ST to a mate a couple of times even though it is against the rules on the basis that it is better to have the seat occupied, he might spend a few quid on other things, and might be encouraged to attend in the future. The only time it's not beneficial is if the person who gets the ticket would have paid to attend anyway. That deprives the club of income.
    Its OK for the club to give away thousands of free tickets to people who most probably will never come back. But its not acceptable for someone who has just purchased a season ticket at over £400 to loan the ticket to a friend in the event of not being able to attend the game..

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    Its OK for the club to give away thousands of free tickets to people who most probably will never come back. But its not acceptable for someone who has just purchased a season ticket at over £400 to loan the ticket to a friend in the event of not being able to attend the game..
    I wonder if you get a talking to if you give away your free ticket

There was a mention a few weeks back regarding online tickets (which I think was a case of adults purchasing kids tickets) with the club stating they would be more vigilant on the turnstiles. I presume this is to do with the same thing.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345