+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Sales this season

Sales this season

I was reading the report from the 'Uddersfield game last night and it struck me that Ince has yet to score this season?

Which got me thinking, as they would say on Fighting Talk. I know we're quick to criticise many of the bloated prices we paid for the likes of Blackman, Olsson, Butterfield and Camara but in the other direction we haven't done too bad in the selling market.

Hendrick was probably fair price at £10m, if we did indeed get the outstanding Vydra payments knocked off for Hughes +£4m that now looks like a steal, Ince for £10m looks like a crime Ronnie Biggs would have been proud of and even Christie for £2m is pretty darned good business for someone we got for Old Kent Road prices.

So, just trying to see the glass as half full for a moment I'd reckon we're knocking the door of break even on our last few years dealings, recognising that transfer fees are but the tip of the iceberg.

Yep, think we've done alright on those players in monetary terms, though I'd have rather kept Hendrick, he'd suit our current set up. Listening to the forum last night, hopefully Gary can sell a couple more!

Agree completely with that Baalocks. Hendrick has since gone on to prove himself but at the time £10m always seemed very good business to me.
    Question is, who goes next and how much for? Personally I’d be surprised if Martin, Olsen and Anya are still here by the end of the next window even though I still rate the latter. Despite the fact that Martin doesn’t appear to fit our system he’s proved that he’s still worth a lot (£5-8m) at a club that plays to his strengths.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 13-12-2017 at 10:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Despite the fact that Martin doesn’t appear to fit our system he’s proved that he’s still worth a lot (£5-8m) at a club that plays to his strengths.
    Agree with that RA, When you think of what Martin could do for a team that plays to his strengths £5-8million would be a good deal for both clubs. When you look at what you get for that kind of money not many come better than Martin!

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)