+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Can I be honest ?

Can I be honest ?

Great result, a team missing the entire back five from last season and Robbie Brady took us up to 4th place in the PL. But that was a poor display, the worst I've seen us play in a long time.

Sinkov --we were due one --the only difference is that, previously, we have lost when we have thrown one in --this time we didn't!

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Great result, a team missing the entire back five from last season and Robbie Brady took us up to 4th place in the PL. But that was a poor display, the worst I've seen us play in a long time.
    We are getting used to better things nowadays but it was an atrocious night with strong winds and coming off of several games in a hurry that performance will do me.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    Sinkov --we were due one --the only difference is that, previously, we have lost when we have thrown one in --this time we didn't!

Thing is Ss, I wouldn't say we threw one in, we just seemed a bit off the pace. Against Watford we started slowly but got it together eventually, last night we started slowly and never got much better. Doesn't seem to matter how we play though, we just find a way to win, and left yet another manager moaning about the unfairness of it all.

i hope you are always honest Slimky- good teams win when under par- wecsnt perform every single game but this lot never know when they are bestenwhen some tesms give up st 2-0 down

....as we played badly - and Stoke failed to take advantage of it - what does that say of them ?

....this league is comical - the finishing quality being so greatly wanting - you can get away with poor performances as long as you have a firm defence/goal - then just wait for the gaps to open....and nick one.

Hahaha.....

I usually get torn off a few strips when I'm honest and speak my mind Sinkov.

You can blame the wind, the cold, too many games, players missing and even Rocky not shouting loud enough, I myself am not having any of that, last night was terrible.

Maybe the team can be forgiven when 2 or 3 players are just not performing (which happens) but the starting 10 outfield players performed like they had never player together before, I hear the claims of last year we would have lost that which makes me cringe, if we put that display against a top team we would have got hammered at least by 5.

We seem to blow hot and cold, Norder will agree with me that at home sometimes the first 20 minutes is good with the pressure we can put on the visitors, then we seem to freeze up for some reason.

The summing up from both Managers after last nights game made me laugh as it was bollox from both men.

Dyche: I lost the count of how many times he said "Stoke made it hard for us".

Hughes: Who I cannot stand at the best of times said "Burnley are a team who play on percentages".

'the worst I've seen us play in a long time'

Did you not see the Huddersfield game, now that was dire it was like going back in time and watching the 86/87 team again.

Quote Originally Posted by whittyclaretandblue View Post
    'the worst I've seen us play in a long time'

Did you not see the Huddersfield game, now that was dire it was like going back in time and watching the 86/87 team again.
    What was wrong with Robert Regis.... ?

No team is "on it" every game. But the better teams tend to grind out results when they are struggling.

We are at the start of a very busy schedule and have made the perfect start. We really need our injuries to clear up (Mee, Lawton, Ward) otherwise we may struggle. That said, their replacements have been excellent, but we are down to the bare bones now.

And I trust that we will be aiming to bring in 2 or 3 in January, particularly for the loss of Brady.

We are in the best of hands.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)