+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Athelet's and Asthma

Athelet's and Asthma

It would seem that with the latest doping scandal hitting the headlines Chris Froome apparently suffers from asthma.Now I'm not a conspiracy theory type person but how many top athletes have officially got asthma or is it a performance enhancing drug that they are using ? Didn't Mo have asthma along with Bradley Wiggins and a whole host of other athletes ?

Seems to flare up before big events coincidentally and Team Sky seem to have more sufferers than the national average .

How strange !!!!

Cyclist Fails Drug Test Shock.
    Not really, the sport is riddled with examples of drug cheats so why should another one surprise anybody?
    What is difficult to understand, however, is why no footballers are ever caught. It's difficult to imagine that this sport is squeaky clean given the huge amounts of money involved.

Quote Originally Posted by bogsdollox View Post
    It would seem that with the latest doping scandal hitting the headlines Chris Froome apparently suffers from asthma.Now I'm not a conspiracy theory type person but how many top athletes have officially got asthma or is it a performance enhancing drug that they are using ? Didn't Mo have asthma along with Bradley Wiggins and a whole host of other athletes ?
    Yes does seem odd doesn't it?

You would have thought that early in life a doctor would have diagnosed asthma and that would have killed any chances of taking part in professional sport that needs good breathing.

Kids at my school used to use the asthma excuse to get out of sports lessons.

I too once saw a flag fluttering on a grassy knowl in the moon's atmosphere just before George W Bush blew up the twin towers

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    I too once saw a flag fluttering on a grassy knowl in the moon's atmosphere just before George W Bush blew up the twin towers
    You've made that up you arse! This is a serious topic!

A mate has asthma, I mean propper asthma, the type that put her in an oxygen tent. My mother in law was diagnosed with asthmas due to engine fumes because she used to walk up Rawmarsh hill and got a bit breathless.

Doctors prescribe anything and the phama companies will have everyone on some sort of drug to increase profits.

It's all bollax!

I

Don't you mean anabollax

Salbutamol isn’t performance enhancing and is permitted to a certain level. Sky look to have pushed the boundaries a touch too far on this one.

Can only see a ban coming for Froome, probably 9mths to a year.

Gutted for him.

Quote Originally Posted by one_a_day View Post
    Salbutamol isn’t performance enhancing and is permitted to a certain level. Sky look to have pushed the boundaries a touch too far on this one.

Can only see a ban coming for Froome, probably 9mths to a year.

Gutted for him.
    If Froome was really suffering from an acute bout of asthma as he stated then he should have abandoned the Vuelta. Even if ventoline is not going to give anybody a serious advantage there is a limit not go over....so what the phuck was his doctor think of?

Exactly, it’s not as though these athletes are tied down and force feed pills is it?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast