+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: O/T Question Time

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    No idea mate , I’ll have a look when I get back . Just on way to London
    Cheers. Have a good day out, and bring them points back with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Goat View Post
    What's the policy regarding inappropriate content?
    Does it apply to the the thread "Friday Fanny" or not? (which at the very least, should have had an O/T label on it).
    Or is mod action determined by whether the board users complain about it?

I suspect I may have answered my own question there, ESR. Genuine query though, I'm not having a pop.
    inappropriate to who it seems to be just you and a couple more
    you talk about equality and yet you lambaste something you dont agree with.

if it offends dont look if you dont read it you wont have a need to complain about it.

I never mentioned equality.
    I'm not offended by the Friday Fanny thread, just think it's out of place on a football forum.
    I stopped looking at it once I knew what it was.
    I've asked a few simple questions about the board's rules, I've not invaded Poland, so let's not carried away.
    If the majority want to see that kind of stuff on here, so be it, but lets have some O/T labels and/or warnings about thread content.

Don't think I've ever had a lambaste. Is it summat they serve in Greek restaurants?

Everyone's gone leet

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    The lineup is completed by the vile b itch that is former Daily Heil political editor Isabel Oakeshott , some piece of work this split ass I can tell you .

Tory voting stand up comedian Geoff Norcott , could be argued they all are .

Expect fireworks between Oakeshott and Rebecca Long - Bailey , Rebecca although young in years can more than hold her own , very capable young MP .

Nicky Morgan is an interesting choice , Tory remainer rebel set to vote against her own government tonight .
    Being a (clean jumpered) Brexiteer Animal I thought that Isabel Oakeshott gave an excellent account of herself when remoaner Nikki Morgan started waffling on about Brexit. To rousing applause from the Barnsley audience.

I thought Geoff Norcotts point that immigration was welcomed but the policy of uncontrolled immigration dictated to us by Brussels wasn't. Your girl Rebecca got a right towelling by the audience member on the single market..

Quote Originally Posted by Old Goat View Post
    What's the policy regarding inappropriate content?
    Does it apply to the the thread "Friday Fanny" or not? (which at the very least, should have had an O/T label on it).
    Or is mod action determined by whether the board users complain about it?

I suspect I may have answered my own question there, ESR. Genuine query though, I'm not having a pop.
    “By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, ***ually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.

The owners of Footymad Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any content item for any reason.”

Can’t see anything else

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    “By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, ***ually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.

The owners of Footymad Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any content item for any reason.”

Can’t see anything else
    Thanks for that, ESR. Appreciated.

Not sure where that leaves us, but I suppose it's for the regulars to make their opinions known if they feel somethings over the line. Acknowledging yorkshireborn's comment, I agree that we all draw our lines in slightly different places. Some stuff will clearly be offside for everybody, other stuff will be a matter of opinion. In which case, I'll happily abide by the majority view and avoid threads that aren't to my liking.

One thing I would argue strongly for, however, is the option to challenge anything we aren't comfortable with. We're all entitled to say "I think that was out of order" provided we do it properly and don't turn the board into an insult-fest. Likewise, people on the receiving end of such comments need to take them seriously and have a good think about it, then either argue their case or apologise. Again, there's no need for it to get ugly or personal.

The alternative is that the board will degenerate, lose posters and die a slow, lingering death. Nobody wants that.

Good post that Old Goat

Quote Originally Posted by red flagged View Post
    Being a (clean jumpered) Brexiteer Animal I thought that Isabel Oakeshott gave an excellent account of herself when remoaner Nikki Morgan started waffling on about Brexit. To rousing applause from the Barnsley audience.

I thought Geoff Norcotts point that immigration was welcomed but the policy of uncontrolled immigration dictated to us by Brussels wasn't. Your girl Rebecca got a right towelling by the audience member on the single market..

I pretty posted the same thoughts myself at the top of page two red flagged .

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456