+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Really pleased for you.

Really pleased for you.

As a Cardiff fan I know there's never any love lost between us, so I'm expecting the usual insults from you with this post. But can I say that from a football supporter's point of view, I'm thrilled (and jealous) that you find yourselves up in the higher reaches of the Premier league. I think it would be great for football if you could maintain your form and get into a Champions League spot at the end of the season. You have a good manager, and a good hard working set of players. You are proving that it can be done for smaller clubs like ours to survive in the greed league. Hope to see you next season but a long way to go of course.

As an aside, my dentist is from Burnley and a fan, so I have to be careful what I say to him, as dentists can hurt you if they want to lol. Keep it going for the sake of football. I don't want this post to seem patronising so bring on the sheep jibes and the Welsh *******s thing. I'm just a traditional football fan.

f...off our boards taffy.....

Cheers and good luck with your promotion chase.. No problem with you lads,just don't like your manager but he will probably get you up..

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Jerection View Post
    As a Cardiff fan I know there's never any love lost between us, so I'm expecting the usual insults from you with this post. But can I say that from a football supporter's point of view, I'm thrilled (and jealous) that you find yourselves up in the higher reaches of the Premier league. I think it would be great for football if you could maintain your form and get into a Champions League spot at the end of the season. You have a good manager, and a good hard working set of players. You are proving that it can be done for smaller clubs like ours to survive in the greed league. Hope to see you next season but a long way to go of course.

As an aside, my dentist is from Burnley and a fan, so I have to be careful what I say to him, as dentists can hurt you if they want to lol. Keep it going for the sake of football. I don't want this post to seem patronising so bring on the sheep jibes and the Welsh *******s thing. I'm just a traditional football fan.
    Hi Hugh
    Thanks for the positive comments. We are in seventh heaven, in fact for the next few hours it’s actually fourth heaven. We do have to pinch ourselves and keep looking at the table today to show it’s True and not just a dream, which reminds us oldies of how it used to be in the 50s and 60s.
    You are doing well so could be joining us. I do remember a game we played in Division 2 at Ninian Park in the early 80s when I asked the police where the Away fans were and was told they weren’t expecting any!

Anyway do you know where the Jerections come from? It’s not Scotland.

Hi Hugh, first may I apologise for IDWT's post, most of us invite fans of other teams, but again we believe in freedom of speech so IDWT has had his.

Like alf I cannot stand Warnock but he's doing you proud, a friend of mine has visited Cardiff many times following Burnley and been bruised every time, also I find it ridiculous that sometimes your Welsh FA step in to override an English decision when you are playing in an English league, all this aside I welcome your input on this board.

I have hated the Premier League (FA and Sky) with a passion and I still do, but unfortunately that is where the "Survival" money is for us, but Championship football is better IMO.

European Football is a long way off yet, and in any case too early for us, we are riding high and again fighting above our weight, its a good feeling and one we must enjoy as much as possible as the bubble could burst at any time.

Forgive me but I have not taken much notice of Cardiff since your owners changed your colours and wanted to change your name, not just Cardiff but a lot of Clubs having to change in some way or other because of owners not having a clue about Football and its History, hope you get promoted rather than the Villa's and such who have tasted what the Premier League has to offer, even if it is just money.

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    Hi Hugh, first may I apologise for IDWT's post, most of us invite fans of other teams, but again we believe in freedom of speech so IDWT has had his.

Like alf I cannot stand Warnock but he's doing you proud, a friend of mine has visited Cardiff many times following Burnley and been bruised every time, also I find it ridiculous that sometimes your Welsh FA step in to override an English decision when you are playing in an English league, all this aside I welcome your input on this board.

I have hated the Premier League (FA and Sky) with a passion and I still do, but unfortunately that is where the "Survival" money is for us, but Championship football is better IMO.

European Football is a long way off yet, and in any case too early for us, we are riding high and again fighting above our weight, its a good feeling and one we must enjoy as much as possible as the bubble could burst at any time.

Forgive me but I have not taken much notice of Cardiff since your owners changed your colours and wanted to change your name, not just Cardiff but a lot of Clubs having to change in some way or other because of owners not having a clue about Football and its History, hope you get promoted rather than the Villa's and such who have tasted what the Premier League has to offer, even if it is just money.
    Nice reply. I thought the post from IDWT was tongue in cheek and had a laugh. I also hate Sky and the greed that goes with the Premier League, but that is where we all strive to be. I totally agree about the Welsh FA making decisions about us. We are in the English League so should be under the FA. Our owner changed us to red for a couple of years, but we've been back in blue for a while now, nobody accepted red, it was hated. I know we've had some, let's say, heated debates with you boys in the past, and hopfully, things have moved on from then. In fact we are all angels down here since the new (lego) stadium was built, I miss Ninian Park as it was a good old ground, like Turf Moor, and full of tradition and character. Good luck, at least you can put thoughts of the drop out of your mind for this season.

Yes we can breath easier this season, if our bubble does bust it will be a hard fall, made all the more difficult from these so called over paid pundits who only find talking about the cream Clubs of the Premier League and really have no time or proper input for the rest.

Hopefully you will return to this forum before you get promoted Hugh

Just to say well done Burnley. Keep it up and make Europe next season.. I can see the top European Clubs getting their maps out already.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Jerection View Post

Cheers Hugh, sorry mate I'm the opposite of Alf and Alto, not a big fan of your club but I love your manager. Proper football man is Colin, but get rid when he gets you promoted, the Championship's his bag. Looks like you could be swapping places with your chums down the road, is that good news, or would you prefer them to stay up and have a couple of Derby matches ?

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Cheers Hugh, sorry mate I'm the opposite of Alf and Alto, not a big fan of your club but I love your manager. Proper football man is Colin, but get rid when he gets you promoted, the Championship's his bag. Looks like you could be swapping places with your chums down the road, is that good news, or would you prefer them to stay up and have a couple of Derby matches ?
    Mixed feelings mate, if (and it's a big if) we go up, a couple of derby games against them would be tasty, but I've got no great desire to see them do well. It's a bit like watching your mother in law drive off a cliff in your new BMW, mixed feelings.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)