+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: Spoty 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Hysongreenpie View Post
    Lewis is a winner and English nuff said !
    Yet again, nuff talks out of his arse.

F1 not my cup of tea thanks, but I rate Anthony Joshua achievements to win the title, plus he's not the normal boxing cocky mouthy sod. And at least he was born in Britain unlike Froome and Farah....

Just looking at what the nominees have achieved this year, Adam Peaty, Jonathan Rea and Bianca Walkden ought to be in with a shout but they ain’t gonna be, are they? I’d go for either Hamilton or Joshua, with Joshua just getting my vote.

Elite pie do you hate all successful English sportsman or are you just a t##t ?

Quote Originally Posted by Hysongreenpie View Post
    Elite pie do you hate all successful English sportsman or are you just a t##t ?
    I don't class car drivers as sportsmen. Especially this particular Englishman who fiddles our tax system and chooses to live abroad.

Quote Originally Posted by Wedgie_pie View Post
    F1 not my cup of tea thanks, but I rate Anthony Joshua achievements to win the title, plus he's not the normal boxing cocky mouthy sod. And at least he was born in Britain unlike Froome and Farah....
    You disappoint me, Wedgie. What's so great about being born in the UK? Farah has more than shown his loyalty to Britain and the Queen has knighted him.
    The only cheating available to distance athletes is blood doping and although it can be hard to detect, there is usually a clear paper trail to its source. Despite all the scrutiny Farah has been subject to, no one has ever proved a thing.
    Salizar took him on after he had proved his potential. What turned Farah round was discipline. His early coaches told him that if he stopped p*ssing about, he could be really good. That training discipline and work at altitude made the difference.
    Both Farah and Joshua have bags of character and personality. Hamilton's comes in microscopic amounts. Like I say, Joshua has years yet, Farah is at the end of his career.

Quote Originally Posted by 60YearsAPie View Post
    Just looking at what the nominees have achieved this year, Adam Peaty, Jonathan Rea and Bianca Walkden ought to be in with a shout but they ain’t gonna be, are they? I’d go for either Hamilton or Joshua, with Joshua just getting my vote.
    It's the BBC, Peaty, Rea and Walkden are at a disadvantage before a ball is kicked - if Peaty had one leg though, he'd be a shoe-in.
    Joshua should win, that fight was unbelievable Jeff.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    The only cheating available to distance athletes is blood doping and although it can be hard to detect, there is usually a clear paper trail to its source. Despite all the scrutiny Farah has been subject to, no one has ever proved a thing.
    Salizar took him on after he had proved his potential. What turned Farah round was discipline. His early coaches told him that if he stopped p*ssing about, he could be really good. That training discipline and work at altitude made the difference.
    Both Farah and Joshua have bags of character and personality. Hamilton's comes in microscopic amounts. Like I say, Joshua has years yet, Farah is at the end of his career.
    Paper trail? For doping?

You reckon the elite Ethiopians and Kenyans don’t bother with altitude training and aren’t as disciplined as Farah? Studies show that clean elite distance runners generally reach their peak at 24, Farah was struggling to qualify for finals at that age.

What time is Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy turning up at your house Sid, you must believe in them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Paper trail? For doping?

You reckon the elite Ethiopians and Kenyans don’t bother with altitude training and aren’t as disciplined as Farah? Studies show that clean elite distance runners generally reach their peak at 24, Farah was struggling to qualify for finals at that age.

What time is Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy turning up at your house Sid, you must believe in them as well.
    Oh the old conspiracy theory, where is milliondollarpie these days?

This award would make a lot more sense if it was called the Sports Person of the year, then we could have another award and give it to a sports person with a decent personality should we ever find one.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast