+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: OT: Spoty 2017

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    I very much doubt a cyclist can do that effectively, Driller. For a distance runner it has to be properly programmed in order for it to 'work'. The argument was that Salazar was running an organised scheme, but it was never proved. Farah got out on the premise that mud sticks. The Finnish athlete, Lasse Viren, was suspected of blood doping to the end of his days.
    I dunno Sid. If a cyclist can blood dope during a tour (look up some of Lance Armstrong's shenanigans) or keep a stash of blood transfusions in his fridge at home (Armstrong again) I don't see why an athlete would have to physically visit a huge building with a sign saying 'blood doping centre' on it.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    I dunno Sid. If a cyclist can blood dope during a tour (look up some of Lance Armstrong's shenanigans) or keep a stash of blood transfusions in his fridge at home (Armstrong again) I don't see why an athlete would have to physically visit a huge building with a sign saying 'blood doping centre' on it.
    Hmm. I’m sure there are very convincing arguments out there as to why Mo definitely isn’t a doper, but Sid hasn’t come up with any of them.

Mo’s had 3 coaches associated with doping, and then lied/changed his story about his relationship with them, he’s missed at least 2 drug tests, he trains in countries where is there is pretty much no testing, he’s shown unprecedented improvement in his mid 20s across a range of distances and lied about the number of Therapeutic Use Exemptions he had. Plus other stuff. Much of this is in the Guardian, a source Sid isn’t usually shy of quoting.

In the absence of an actual positive test, it’s obviously up to the individual what they believe and I’m sure Mo couldn’t give 2 shytes about what the likes of me think, he’s a multi millionaire. British athletes do seem to get a free pass from much of the media though.
    Last edited by BigFatPie; 19-12-2017 at 10:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    On this one occasion, he certainly was full of unsubstantiated s h i t e. For most of his time on here, the man speaks good sense. I'm a bit like that myself. You, on the other hand, Mr Navy, are the opposite.
    I have yet to see any evidence that either of you speak any sense Mr Sidders.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456