+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: Spoty 2017

OT: Spoty 2017

There is only one credible candidate IMO and that has to be Mo Farah. So why won't he win it? (Bookies odds are 33s)
    Hot favourite is Anthony Joshua with Lewis Hamilton 2nd at 7 to 1.
    Lews 'fricking' Hamilton. Sports PERSONALITY of the year? Our lass's pet hamster has more personality than this cheating tax exile. Sport? He owes everything to his mechanics and engineers.
    Joshua should have an even better 2018 so his chances are still to come. Farah has been a model sportsman and should be rewarded for all that he's done.
    On other matters, I note the number 4 is suddenly in the news, Mr Pass...tee-hee.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 18-12-2017 at 05:19 PM.

This article from the Guardian perhaps answers why:

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...-championships
    Last edited by jackal2; 13-12-2017 at 08:17 PM.

Agree with most of your comments for a change but don't know Mr Pass? They won't win, but I'd like to see Ronnie O get a mention as well as MVG. Minor sports admittedly but arguably played by more ordinary folk (excepting football and cricket) than the sports represented by the front runners.

Joshua is going to walk it as quite clearly the public like him and his great fight with Wlad sticks in the memory.

Hamilton as good a driver as he is won't get it this time also his personality doesn't come into it he is a winner end of story plenty of boring sports people have won it Giggs, Murray,Owen etc.

I would like to see Froome win it but he isn't liked by the public and has these drug allegations hanging over him I am not saying he is 100% clean but I believe he is as clean as the rest of them & has gone by the rules as he has stated he gets tested all the time as he is usually the race leader one good thing to come out of the Lance Armstrong scandal.

Farah went from mediocre also ran to world beating Olympic champion pretty much overnight at the age of 26. All under the tutelage of suspected doper Alberto Salazar. He has also missed 2 drug tests, he claimed for one that he “didn’t hear his doorbell”.

All I can say is that Quorn must be good f00kin gear. Personally, I would rather Fatty Evans got Spoty. Same for Froome.

Anthony Joshua for me, he as bought dignity back to the sport after the disgrace that is Tyson Fury. Nice to see an articulate and intelligent boxer and double world champion. He is a credit to the sport.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Farah went from mediocre also ran to world beating Olympic champion pretty much overnight at the age of 26. All under the tutelage of suspected doper Alberto Salazar. He has also missed 2 drug tests, he claimed for one that he “didn’t hear his doorbell”.

All I can say is that Quorn must be good f00kin gear. Personally, I would rather Fatty Evans got Spoty. Same for Froome.
    It happens in sport, Murray went from the eternal runner up to winning majors and Olympic titles under Ivan Lendle, our rugby team went from failing to get through the first rounds in the last World Cup on their own soil to go on a record unbeaten run under Eddie Jones. Quite often a change of coach can work wonders.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Anthony Joshua for me, he as bought dignity back to the sport after the disgrace that is Tyson Fury. Nice to see an articulate and intelligent boxer and double world champion. He is a credit to the sport.
    Agreed .......nice to see in the most punishing of sports.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    There is only one credible candidate IMO and that has to be Mo Farah. So why won't he win it? (Bookies odds are 33s)
    Hot favourite is Anthony Joshua with Lewis Hamilton 2nd at 7 to 1.
    Lews 'fricking' Hamilton. Sports PERSONALITY of the year? Our lass's pet hamster has more personality than this cheating tax exile. Sport? He owes everything to his mechanics and engineers.
    Joshua should have an even better 2018 so his chances are still to come. Farah has been a model sportsman and should be rewarded for all that he's done.
    On other matters, I note the number 4 is suddenly in the news, Mr Pass...tee-hee.
    Hamlilton won't be the only tax fiddler with no personality on the show - it's been hosted by one for years.

Lewis is a winner and English nuff said !

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast