+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: rafas decisions and statments

Quote Originally Posted by occult View Post
    I don't think it is hindsight. He wasn't an unknown quantity. His record with Stoke spoke for itelf.
    and rafa gambled a paltry 5 million on perhaps turning him into what we needed.

Quote Originally Posted by MidsMagpie View Post
    We had a decent experienced keeper and he let him go to Brighton
    This would be a keeper that was coming back from a horrific injury and in his two different loan spells in Holland showed none of the form he'd had before.

He's also not getting played by Brighton, i know someone said that is because they've spent money on Ryan but surely if he felt Krul was better he'd play.

I think Krul was brilliant, not convinced he'd of been that player anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    This would be a keeper that was coming back from a horrific injury and in his two different loan spells in Holland showed none of the form he'd had before.

He's also not getting played by Brighton, i know someone said that is because they've spent money on Ryan but surely if he felt Krul was better he'd play.

I think Krul was brilliant, not convinced he'd of been that player anymore.
    he had already shown he wasn't the player of old, after the shoulder injury and before his last injury. he just wasn't as good as he'd been.

Quote Originally Posted by toonlegend View Post
    nah sels was for the championship

pretty difficult to get a top class experienced goalie in, when you are playing in the championship
    Do you seriously think rafa bought Sels for the championship inspite of having Darlow and Elliot?
    Sels snubbed premier league clubs to join Newcastle. I hardly think he was signed specifically for the championship.

Every manager can buy a few duds look at Ferguson, Taibi,Kleberson, Djemba Djemba amongst others.

Rafa bought very well last year but Sels and Diame spring to mind as poor. This year he has had to look at bargain basement. Simple.

Quote Originally Posted by MidsMagpie View Post
    We had a decent experienced keeper and he let him go to Brighton
    You mean Brighton's reserve keeper?

Where were you when Krul was sold? I seem to recall no one on here being strongly against the sale.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    Do you seriously think rafa bought Sels for the championship inspite of having Darlow and Elliot?
    Sels snubbed premier league clubs to join Newcastle. I hardly think he was signed specifically for the championship.
    Yeah you're right. Definitely. Personally, I think Rafa should've been sacked when his crystal ball broke and he couldn't predict into the future that a promising, young player (who was wanted by several PL clubs like you say) didn't have the stomach for it after all. How could he not have seen that coming?

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    even so, you can't legislate for a player who just freezes in front of large crowds, which is what I believe happened to sels. he couldn't hack it in front of the crowds. he always looked like a rabbit caught in the cars headlights

Worst posts of the year Ghostboromag.

There are many things wrong at our club but Rafa is not one of them. I don't even think that you believe the shiite that you spout. Your out fishing for bites and must post in between w*nks.

I used to like this board and there are some good posters - most see through your attention seeking mutterings but sadly some of the simpler folk are influenced by it.

Ever considered supporting a different team - Chelsea, City? Nah, you'd have feck all to complain about.

So we should sack Rafa? What is your solution Ghostface?

I’ve seen plenty of criticism of Rafa, he’s made p!ss poor personnel decisions on match days for the past few weeks.

His achievements in football speak for itself. Daft to get him out

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)