+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Risky business

Risky business

Good professional display last night but the risk to mulgrew and Smallwood was that needed?
    League should be our up most priority and both mulgrew and Smallwood are key to our decent start so far and continuing success.

its over now, unscathed!!! But I feel the same? Why on earth did we risk so many key players?? We even brought Dack on?
    So now onto Hull at home, a nothing game and a very small crowd. I cant say I was happy we beat them last night, but I guess winning is a habit. So from that aspect, it maybe cant be a bad thing.

I think it's part of Mowbray's innate cautiousness. He doesn't like having too many youngsters on the field at the same time. In the end, he risked Conway as well. I can see that if Smallwood was not used, he'd have had a real problem, because none of the U-23 midfielders at the right level are actually "holding" players. Also, I am sure he wants to test this squad a level up in the game against Hull, so he probably took that extra risk. I'm glad it paid off with no injuries or suspensions.
    Going back to the Under-23s, if they all come through, we are going to be spoiled for choice in the central, creative role in a year or so.
    Tomlinson, Hardcastle, Mols and Rankin-Costello all look very promising in that position. Grayson may be the one who is more suitable for the Smallwood role, eventually.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)