+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Tomlinson to keep place?

Tomlinson to keep place?

Now with whittingham injured and Evans doubtful do we continue with Tomlinson in the centre?
    I certainly hope he has preference over Harper.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    Now with whittingham injured and Evans doubtful do we continue with Tomlinson in the centre?
    I certainly hope he has preference over Harper.

Agreed. I thought he was excellent on Sat at Peterborough. Its pretty simple really, 2 players are of similar quality. Why are we playing a lad from someone else's academy when we could be blooding one of our own? Tomlinson has earnt his spot, and is ours. We need him to improve and come on. He wont do that if we playing a kid from WBA who will go back shortly.
    I've heard an interesting rumour. The BEST player Rovers have come up against this season is Jack Byrne vrs Oldham. the lad who was with us last season under Coyle. He is having a very good season, he completely ran the game vrs us. I believe we are trying to buy him (not get him back on loan) in Jan. If we look like we are going to lose Chapman for the whole season, we may consider going in for Josh Morris from S****horpe (who used to play for us).

What an irony if Morris returned! As for Byrne, we hardly saw him.
    One thing he does confirm, though, is that some players take time to develop, so it would be no surprise to see Harper flourish back at WBA. He will need to get his on-field behaviour right, however.

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    What an irony if Morris returned! As for Byrne, we hardly saw him.
    One thing he does confirm, though, is that some players take time to develop, so it would be no surprise to see Harper flourish back at WBA. He will need to get his on-field behaviour right, however.

Byrne is by far the best player I've seen in this division apart from our players (Dack, Mulgrew) and I have kept an eye on him since. He scored 2 for Oldham last week. He has been a huge reason behind their upturn in form. Morris makes sense as he would weaken a direct rival, while strengthening us.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)