+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Poor,but also worrying

Agree on every level, Somerset.
    We have been inconsistent since the end of the season when we won the Div 2 play-offs. I believe that managers must play a role in that, as we have seen early this season that the team is good enough - and much better than results over the last three months have shown.
    If the same side turns out against Swindon well .... well anything could happen. Cooper is a guiding like; Cooper is anonymous: Ainley is a star in the making; Ainley is a liability: Bowery has the energy of a striking Bambi; Bowery looks like a wooden stick in a field of bovines. I go in fervent hope, not belief.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexLeicester View Post
    If the same side turns out against Swindon well .... well anything could happen.

Yep, agreed. That's league 2 for you!
    For me, whatever else happens, Cooper and Ainley have to start.
    We lack pace and spark at the best of times - these 2 are the best at giving us both.

The best compliment (and indeed this is what it is, even if it doesn't read like it) I could give to Ainley is that he is a poor man's Nick Powell. Even seems to run like him. If he continues to develop, he really *could* go on to bigger and better things.

Ainley's main obstacle is that he is a number 10 who gets played on the wing. We know he attracts some rough treatment because he is talented. However, these free kicks would be useful if they happened more infield and either Walker or George could have some shooting practice.

We definitely need some pace in the team as well as a hard tackling midfielder.

It also worries me that we rely too heavily on George for assists. This is definitely where Lowery could up his game.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12