I could be wrong, but I suspect ID titled this thread in a response to my thread 'Can I be honest' where me and one or two others had the temerity to offer the opinion that our performance against Stoke wasn't one of our best. Proffering said opinion seems to have started a classic storm in a tea cup, and I'm bemused at the ongoing controversy and antagonism it's caused.

As I see it there are two aspects to a game, result and performance. So on the result v Stoke you can say, we won 1-0, great result, put us 4th in the league and............and what ? That's it, there's nothing else to say, end of story. But on the performance we could go on talking until the next game, we can discuss 11 individual players, the subs, the manager's tactics, the overall team performance, the opposition, the scope is limitless and on and on. In this context I mentioned that I wasn't impressed with our performance, I thought it below the recent ones I'd seen, it was merely an observation, an opinion, it wasn't a moan. It's a shame some saw it that way.

But it won't alter anything, next time I think we're ****e I'll be saying so, but again it won't be a moan, just my opinion.