+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Edge

Edge

With him falling out of favour with Shabba and being omitted from the squad last week, does anyone think that he may be on his way out?

No

Would need to find a club that fancies taking him off our hands.

I wouldn't lose sleep if he left tbh.

Don’t think he’ll have any other options so bound to just take the wage till contract runs out. No loss if he goes but would free wages.

Best part of 18 months left on his contract and he moved his pregnant wife up here in August. Imagine he’ll be sticking around.

Quote Originally Posted by Daly9 View Post
    Best part of 18 months left on his contract and he moved his pregnant wife up here in August. Imagine he’ll be sticking around.
    Ah i didnt realise he had moved her up here, hence the question.

Quote Originally Posted by shedboy87 View Post
    With him falling out of favour with Shabba and being omitted from the squad last week, does anyone think that he may be on his way out?
    Im not so sure that he is out of favour. Maybe he is another one who has been carrying an injury as that seems to be a regular occurrence since Shabba came in.

He is only gonna be a squad player from now though with the form that others are bringing.

The Edge is too prone to fouling IMO. That makes him a bit of a liability. When he exerts that style in the box it's easily 'Penalty!' stuff.

For me, he's a squad player now.

He also can't defend a cross to save his life.

He's always half a yard behind play.

I could not believe it when his deal was extended.

He'd be brilliant for Raith Rovers in league 1.

Bang average for us. Always has been. Poor signing. All the erections over his performances and subsequent extension were premature.

I think Ray was thinking in Raith terms when signing boys.

He’s been ok for us. I don’t think necessarily defence was the main problem last season. We didn’t concede many I the play off run.

Durnan has been a revelation last few seasons after tricky start. He and Edge were decent pairing last term.

Scobbie has been good. Quinn and Scobie whilst ahead of Edge at moment are likely to have some injuries and suspensions along with Durnan.

Central defence is a major position in this league for obvious reasons. Teams are direct and if you can’t defend you have no chance

Edge therefore can be decent cover and challenge for positions if he gets a run in the team.

We already have a tight squad and I don’t think we want to be losing bodies

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)