+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Braodband issues

Braodband issues

Fit like abody? Im having broadband speed issues (slow as) Im with talktalk and this slow speed has been for some months now. I have an unlimited deal and I told him the modem we have and he said it was an old modem that would'nt suit the speed of wifi nowadays. He offered me a fibre contract but is asking over £33 a month!! If im on an unlimited wifi deal what would the difference be for the modem? Frustrated as Fk ken??

TIA.

Phone them and tell them your modem is broken, they'll send you a new one.

I've got talktalk, never had any problems with the speed or anything else.

I was downloading some films earlier in the year, then after that the WiFi turned to tortoise speed!! Even watching wee clips it buffers!!

Don't EVER EVER have anything to do with talk talk.

Even as I type the name I'm going to put this iPad down, go into the kitchen, get the biggest sharpest knife.......

Who’s your broadband provider then donsdaft?

Plusnet

Maybe not quite as helpful as they used to be but at least I'm not arguing with someone in India about whether my address exists or not.

Talk Talk were a nightmare for us and their continuing phone calls trying to get us to take TV from them, sometimes 6 times a week, we also suffered loss of connections quite a bit which stopped as soon as we switched provider.

We're on a deal with Hydro Electric, or SSE I think they are called now, get my phone line and unlimited fibre for £21 a month, which I think is due to go up to £28 when the deal finishes, which isn't too bad. The service has been excellent up until now and the only provider we had who actually put an engineer to our house when we said we believed there was a problem with out external phone line, both Talk Talk and Plusnet would only send someone out for a charge, over £100, so we never bothered, turned out the phone line was so old it should have been replaced in the 80s, but for some reason was missed.

SHop around for a broadband deal, there is no such thing as brand loyalty between these large companies nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Plusnet

Maybe not quite as helpful as they used to be but at least I'm not arguing with someone in India about whether my address exists or not.
    I had to give up and now use satellite, but Plusnet get a huge thumbs up from me too, customer service is excellent, and because of my issues they ended refunding everything I'd paid them, even installation.

Mate had horror stories with Talktalk.

As for BT

Quote Originally Posted by fatshaft View Post
    I had to give up and now use satellite, but Plusnet get a huge thumbs up from me too, customer service is excellent.
    :
    Aye, very good customer service. They even sold me the BT Sport app (**** off Murdoch) for £2.50/month for 3 or 6 months (I forget) before it goes up to a fiver. It's been great for the Ashes, although those useless ****s in the navy helmets have hardly made it worth getting up in the middle of the night to watch, and a couple of Dons aways that have been too difficult to get to.

I'm considering fibre but I'm waiting to see if they'll be offering a deal in the new year. I think it's about £25/month with line rental included.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast