+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Another persons perspective

Another persons perspective

Not mine but feel it gives a view more popular than some opposing ones I’ve read in here lately. In MY VIEW far closer to the truth than anything else I’ve read

Have just read this excellent post on a Newcastle forum. I thought it worth sharing;

While Rafa isn’t or shouldn’t be immune to criticism, he should get a free pass this season regardless of what happens. Had he left us after the Spurs game, the club would have imploded and there would have been no promotion, only a lifeless club with Ashley still the owner, existing in the Championship or beyond as just another former PL club like so many.

Thanks to Rafa, however, we are now a Premier League club having stayed on to take us back up which he achieved at the first time of asking, as Champions. Here was a CL winner, one of the best coaches in the world, staying at a Championship club that he owed nothing to. A club that was badly broken after a decade of total mismanagement and neglect on and off the pitch.

He stayed because he loves the club and us fans, he wanted to help us in the way KK did when he returned from his Spanish exile to help us avoid relegation to the the then 3rd tier of English football.

And boy has he helped us...

We are now on the verge of being taken over which Rafa has been massively instrumental in helping achieve. And that’s before you get into what he has done behind the scenes in uniting the fans, reconnecting the fans to the players, working with the community and building bridges between the media and the club and City itself from the local council to local businesses, all of who, wanted nowt to do with the club and rightly so because it was toxic to everything and everyone.

Yes we are not playing well and yes our run of form isn’t good enough, but he is no Pardew, McClaren or Carver. This isn’t some kind of regular run for him, in fact it’s a first for him. Everything he has done for our club, it’s us who owe him so much and as fans the least we can give him is our 100% support and backing.

If we go down, Rafa will have to share some of the blame, but he won’t get any stick from me because if we do go down, it won’t be because he’s a crap manager like Pardew or because he’s negative or dumb when it comes to tactics or anything like that. It will be because once again the owner will have gambled on the one thing he loves more than anything - cheap tat which is basically what our squad is full of.

He thought because he had Rafa we would stay up on the cheap and has once again gambled with the club’s fortunes by being a tight b****** just like he had been last January when he failed to back Rafa to really cement our position at the top and guaranteed promotion. Because he thought in his wisdom we were already up.

The players Rafa wanted in January were for the PL and the players he wanted in the summer were to help establish us back in the top-flight. He wasn't backed, however, and lo and behold a Championship team is struggling in a league of Premier League teams. Who would have guesssed...

If we do gown and I now think it’s a real,possibility even with a takeover and some spending in January (damage done/little too late) I won’t be thinking any less of Rafa as a manager or as NUFC manager. As a man, well, he’s a modern day saint in an industry full of rouges, cowards, charlatans and down right scumbags. We should know, we’ve employed enough of them in the boardroom, dugout and on the pitch...

For me, he is the man and my Christmas wish for all of us is that he can keep us up and once the takeover happens, be allowed to rebuild the club as he sees fit because if he is backed fully, there is no limit to what we can achieve with Rafa. His CV alone speaks for that, then add in the kind of man he is and the love and ambition and more important the belief he has for our club and well, that’s a recipe for success in my book.

Remember when we were relegated? One man believed in the club enough to put his hard earned and well deserved reputation on the line to help us when no-one else would have, no one. I get the criticism of our football, team lineups, substitutions, player purchases etc. because I’ve been critical, but I will never get any notion of wanting to replace the man even if by March we were rooted to the bottom of the table.

He joined a sinking ship and is currently trying to keep that ship afloat with plaster bands while the fat owner pokes more holes into it, if it goes down, we go down with him, not against him.

Estamos Unidos!

Good post.

Can't disagree with most, if not all of it.

A saint? But..... pboro and Ghost calls him a mercenary?

Great post. I love facts.

Great post.

Which forum was that, J? (not gonna defect, just interested )

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Great post.

It just sums things up for the fans who are able to think for themselves.

Great post.

Facebook group Zip.

i disa gree from the first paragraph
    things wouldnt have imploded

ash spent the money
    ok we sold players to get some of that money but those players would havenot wanted to stay in the prem

i thought we underperformed in the fizzy under Rafa

i thought the footy was negative ,but we got the results
    we were nce the entertainers

i though chris houghton did a much better job than rafa in getting us out the fizzy and did it more convincing
    and im sure any manager of the caliber of chris,s or even the huddersfield manager would have got the team from last season up with more attractive footy .

people keep sying we wont get a manager we wont get players
    they are all mercinaries

Raf one of the biggest

he didnt join us for the love of the city
    he joined us for the massive wages he demanded
    and then failed to keep us up

i feel that is why he stayed
    as he couldnt be seen to fail twice in such quick succesion and the huge wages he was on for a fizzy manager

Rafa must have one of the worst premiership records of toon managers now

people keep sying he has fizzy players but clearly he doesnt

you are doing a diservice to those players you say you support by saying so

those players earnt the right by winning the league to be called prem players

what they need is a positive manager
    playing positive footy
    picking his best players ,not his favourite
    coaching them and teaching them how to become better footballers and motivating them

he is failing them and he is failing us

yes his love for the toon and the people shines through

but id shag a munter if the money was right

Rfa needs us more than we need him

i think some fans are in real trouble when they keep harping on about his past and being quite selective in what they remeber

his recent and most important part of his CV is not good reading

his football is ball breakingly boring

it isnt working
    his selections arent working
    his motivation isnt working
    his tactics arent working

we are shipping goals quicker than a sunderland fan can remove their girlfriends nappy

you cant live on the past

if all we are saying is he needs money and better players

then surely that can be achieved with any manager at any club im sure they all want it
    im sure the teams that came up last season would love that im sure sean dysche would love that

they all ahve fizzy players

but they have managers that have adapted to the prem and are gtting a tune from their players

ours isnt
    and he has spent a lot more than they have

You disagreed i am surprised

Great post.

I don’t know someone else saw it and copied it to fb

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    You disagreed i am surprised
    the truth is jammy
    these fizzy players were good enough at th ebeggining of the season

and no doubt rafa has won some good cups
    the truth is he has had to wrk with world class players
    he failed at madrid
    miserably

i judge a manager on how he turns around the players he has and what he gets from those players
    there is no doubt he isnt getting the best from them

anyone can buy there way out of trouble
    but how long is that sustainable

i have no doubt a lesser manager on say 2 mill a year would be just as effective as Rafa currently is

but Rafa is on elite wages
    and i dont think we are seeing the results we should be from an elite manager

no plyer is improving ,in fact i would say he has found a new level to pardew players

yes we dont have world class players and yes we dont have top prem players

but they are certainly better than the recent results suggest ,and they look like they have all run out of ideas .

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)