+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Pre match music...

Pre match music...

The proposed idea of a supporter having his/hers favourite ditties being played pre match is a great idea.However,what happens if your a fan of prog rock?Will the support be appreciative in hearing side 3 of "Tales from topographic oceans" by Yes etc."Suppers ready" by Genesis.Theres 46 minutes at least.Seriously though....what would everyones 5 choices be,bearing in mind they should be "radio friendly" Haven't actually thought of any myself just now that could be appreciated by the punters as I am a "Suppers ready" guy.However I will subject you all to my Five choices soon.What gets you grooving?

As promised/threatened.No way are these tunes my absolute favourites,as there is NO WAY that those would be played at Palmerston.It really is the most difficult decision as your mood changes all the time but,at present, I would love to hear the following blaring over the tannoy at Palmerston to get me fired up/emotional.In no particular order.....
    1 = 15 Storey halo by ABC
    2 = Krafty by New Order
    3 = One tree hill by U2
    4 = Bombers bay by Echo and the Bunnymen
    5 = Somethings gone wrong again by the Buzzcocks (Very apt for Queens?)

All the above are under five minutes which I would assume be the acceptable sort of time the MC (Lord P) would prefer.

Also in the five minute timescale would be.....

Harvest home.....Big Country
    Lessons learned from rocky 1 to 3 ...Cornershop
    Generation Rumble...Dave Edmunds
    My friend the sun....Family
    Over the sea .....Jesse Rae
    Birth,school,work,death....The Godfathers
    Tie your mother down.....Queen
    Mama do the hump.......Rizzle Kicks
    This must be he place....Talking Heads
    Roadrunner once...Jonathan Richman
    Slither...Velvet Revolver
    Literally could list at least three hundred offhand as to what could be classed as my favourite songs,but this is the stuff that is floating my boat right now.Come Wednesday there could be a completely different playlist.
    As to my favourite songs of all time......That is the hardest thing to call.. ever!
    Number one nails it though...The aforementioned on previous post,namely ...."Suppers Ready" Genesis. Blew me away at 15 years old,still does it today,45 years later.As for the rest....changes by the week,and,sorry,I won't bore you any more by naming the next five hundred or so that could be included!
    I expect a load of ridicule but I couldn't care less.I love my music and everyday I try listening to all sorts of genres trying to find a new "favourite"
    Come on folks, what would be your choice?

EDIT....this is what is giving me the horn right now https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-PFlLNDuOA
    Last edited by Bagapapa; 16-12-2017 at 07:47 PM.

Thanks to Lord P for playing the 5 songs picked by young supporter Scott Dick yesterday. I believe we’re randomly picking another 5 this week also .......

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)