+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Plymouth Post Match Thoughts

I must be on drugs but Plymouth were absolute ****e ...and we were almost as bad .There is no quality in our team .Ajayi put himself under so much pressure because he couldn't even control the simple ball.We totally lack quality on the ball and Vaulks must be colour blind as he continually passes the ball to the opposition.We were so indecisive in the first half it was a joke - Only way forward is to sack Warne and bring in a professional manager .I haven't heard his post match interview but here it is " the boys never stopped trying and I made a double substitution when it counted and managed to get a point against a team that couldn't paly in the Rotherham Premier League " nuff said get rid now Tony ,hes a waster and will never be a manager !!!!

Warney thought we were excellent today, whatever he was drinking at the the game should be served to fans

Quote Originally Posted by gwru View Post
    I'm going to specsavers. Vaulks what did he do wrong. Somebody tell me
    He squandered FOUR reasonable goalscoring chances in the first ten minutes, then became invisible for the rest of the game. Other than that he was fine...

Tactics from Warney were shocking. Plymouth had obviously come for a point, so what did we do first half? Sit back very deep. Then after usual "shoot yourself in the foot" idiocy, under no pressure, we get a player sent off. Then an ex-Miller scores from a near post corner (stop me if you've heard that one before , Warney! Will this ever end with you as manager?), We don't bring final two subs on until 85th minute. Forde and Vaulks were awful throughout, but stayed on for the whole game. We deserved a point, at least, against poor opposition, but were lucky to get it in the end. I've no confidence in Warney as a tactician. He may be cheap, but he's dreadful.
    Last edited by mikemiller; 16-12-2017 at 10:18 PM.

Also - probably the best game by Emmanuel in a Millers shirt today . The Pilgrim's defence could not cope with Williams , but final shot or pass was usually too wayward. Reasonable performance from Ball today , given the poor supply
    Last edited by mikemiller; 16-12-2017 at 10:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Warney thought we were excellent today, whatever he was drinking at the the game should be served to fans
    Well if he can’t talk up the performance who can?

We were ok but looked very league 1

Quote Originally Posted by gwru View Post
    How can you have a keeper when everytime the opposition get a corner defence know they got to clear the ball cause Keeper won't come for a ball that's his. Rodak will cost Warney his job.

not many keepers get the ball from corners theres usually too many players in the way to get a clear passage. especially when its whipped in like for there goal
    freekicks are a different matter.

Sat watching, I thought to myself “just how far is this side off the playoff winning team that Evans put together?”

Answer - 10.5 players....thanks to a 0.5 from freks who is half the player he used to be

People keep going on about Warney giving his mates a job and some saying nobody else wanted them. Yes they are clearly mates due to their past but name me a manager out there who doesn't bring at least 1 or two of his own backroom staff with him when he moves to a new job? The only difference is, this is our managers first job.

Pollitt was GK coach at Wigan for just over 2 years and was unemployed for about 2 months before we signed him.
    Barker was in a Job at Charlton before he came to us and since he moved into coaching he has more or less being constantly employed.

Can you please now drop this ridiculous comment that comes up every time a thread strays onto the subject of our manager. He knows them as people and knows their background. I'd argue that it's better to have somebody you know join your coaching staff than somebody without a job who you don't know, they may be the wrong kind of personality etc.

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Why is it after coming from behind with 10 men are we trying to pick our worst players?
    Rodak. 2 iffy long kicks str into touch. How about the near post save to keep it 0.0. nothing he could do about the goal. Very good distribution first half. Best keeper at the club by a country mile.
    Mattock, best game for a while. Nothing special but at least did his main job, stopping the cross into the box.
    Wood. Kept Taylor quiet till poor control got him a early bath.
    Ajayi good game, motm for me. Goal will give him confidence.
    Emmanuel. Decent game. Did everything needed for a fullback.
    Forde. Think he's a good impact player when opposition are slowing down. Good crossing though without the height it's always easy for big defenders. Did well in defence.
    Vaulks did well at the back. Offered little going forwards. 4th choice midfielder when all fit.
    Towell. Worked hard but wish he would not want 3 touches every time he gets the ball. He always looked to go forwards
    Williams. Ran the fullback ragged all game though it was all for nothing as the target ball/Yates are never winning the ball in the air Vs two big CB
    Ball. Very close to motm. Some of his skills were of better than league one. The 40 yard punt from ajayi he plucked out of the air was class.
    Yates. Not much happened today for him, don't recall him making mistakes or doing anything worth while.
    Good post Cayton , have to agree with most of that.
    Rodak is the best we have at the moment, not too many picked up on Rodaks save in the second half when diving low to his right, a save that kept us in the game.
    Emmanuel - best game I've seen him play home or away.
    Ajayi also my Man of the Match.
    Taking Josh off and putting Will Vaulks alongside Ajayi to play 3 at the back allowed Frecks, an attacking midfielder to play his part.
    Vaulks actually looks a better defender than a midfielder.
    A match to forget, 1st half was boring with the inability to break them down.
    Credit to the players for battling to the end they looked better playing with 10 men than 11 although some of that could be down to a poor Plymouth side not taking advantage of having the extra player.

EDIT : this squad needs more quality adding to it to help them out that little bit more.

MK Dons up next....Agard to score anyone... lol
    Last edited by Casper64Frank; 17-12-2017 at 11:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bogsdollox View Post
    I must be on drugs but Plymouth were absolute ****e ...and we were almost as bad .There is no quality in our team .Ajayi put himself under so much pressure because he couldn't even control the simple ball.We totally lack quality on the ball and Vaulks must be colour blind as he continually passes the ball to the opposition.We were so indecisive in the first half it was a joke - Only way forward is to sack Warne and bring in a professional manager .I haven't heard his post match interview but here it is " the boys never stopped trying and I made a double substitution when it counted and managed to get a point against a team that couldn't paly in the Rotherham Premier League " nuff said get rid now Tony ,hes a waster and will never be a manager !!!!
    it was not brilliant to watch especially when teams come to defend. tbh i would be more worried if i was a plymouth fan as there team lacked and intention. very little going forwards and are relying on taylor to get them goals,,,
    on a positive note. ajayi played 2 40 yard balls str to the feet of williams in the 2nd half. was it intended or was it hoof n hope? also i think it was his ball that ball plucked out of the air again 40 yards HOOOOOF ??
    ow forgot in my post the tackle vaulkes did at the back post at 0.0. im sure it will be on ifollow for us to view.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast