+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rafa's fans

Rafa's fans

Excuse me for repeating a post from another thread but Rafa's fans don't seem keen to reply to it. Here again are questions that I and presumably others would like answers to. They are not rhetorical questions:

1 Why are Brighton and Huddersfield, which have spent no more than us and don't have more PL experienced players, doing better than NUFC with its 'world class manager?'

2 What has Joselu got that makes him the preferred choice most games to Gayle and Mitroovic?

3 Why, when Pardew and McClaren had runs no worse than this, was it all their fault but nothing is Rafa's fault.

4 Why was Pardew mocked for his excuses for losing games but people nod their heads in agreement when Rafa gives a reason for losing?

You made some good points in an earlier thread about Huddersfield and Brighton just 'getting on with it' and it was hard to argue with most of it. As for this thread, erm... I haven't really got any answers other than to say if Ashley had backed him properly then we wouldn't be in this position.

1. Dunno. Maybe they bought better than we did.

2. Again, not sure. Joselu is shite at finishing but Rafa values his overall contribution. In all honesty, I've more of an issue with Perez starting now.

3. It's a measure of the affection we hold Rafa in that he's largely avoided criticism so far. Plus, he's not a bullshitter like the other two.

4. To be fair, Pardew blamed the atmosphere (lack of), the Notting Hill carnival, science, the grass, having too many points, the Olympics, the local press, atmosphere (too much of), and local players not being intelligent enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    You made some good points in an earlier thread about Huddersfield and Brighton just 'getting on with it' and it was hard to argue with most of it. As for this thread, erm... I haven't really got any answers other than to say if Ashley had backed him properly then we wouldn't be in this position.

1. Dunno. Maybe they bought better than we did.

2. Again, not sure. Joselu is shite at finishing but Rafa values his overall contribution. In all honesty, I've more of an issue with Perez starting now.

3. It's a measure of the affection we hold Rafa in that he's largely avoided criticism so far. Plus, he's not a bullshitter like the other two.

4. To be fair, Pardew blamed the atmosphere (lack of), the Notting Hill carnival, science, the grass, having too many points, the Olympics, the local press, atmosphere (too much of), and local players not being intelligent enough.
    First one is easy, this club has a 10 year losing mentality no sole no ambition no direction... Sorry last one is wrong we have direction to the championship

Quote Originally Posted by Nufc204mag View Post
    First one is easy, this club has a 10 year losing mentality no sole no ambition no direction... Sorry last one is wrong we have direction to the championship
    **** sake just gave answer to each question on the other thread I'll move it across.

Edit - here we are:I can give you what i think the answers are, but they are just my thoughts.

1) Brighton are only 3 points ahead (one game) and Huddersfield are 6 points ahead (2 games). They've also not had injuries to key players. For example we missed Lascelles badly in the games he wasn't in, likewise with Merino. They haven't lost key players yet.

I'd also point out net spends in summer:

Brighton - £39.65 million
    Huddersfield - £ 38.9 million
    Newcastle - £23.7 million.

That is quite a difference between us. If we'd spent another £15.2 million on a striker to bring us level with Huddersfield i don't think we'd be in this situation.

2) No point even mentioning Mitro because Rafa doesn't want him, Joselu is prefered to Mitro because he does as Rafa asks in his position and doesn't run the risk of getting sent off etc. As to why Gayle i think it's just the rotation because we have a run of games and very little time in between so rather than risk injury he rotates.

3) Well for starters Rafa said at the beginning it would be a struggle and said we needed an experience keeper, that we needed a striker and then wasn't given them. I know some on here say well he spent the money but i fully believe as do a lot of others that he was shafted by Ashley in regards money. We know who Rafa wanted as his striker - Tammy Abrahams, did he get him. No.

4) Pardew was mocked because he's a ****ing little prick. He gave excuse after excuse, brown nosed Ashley like a deep-sea diver going in deep and generally made a mockery of the club. Rafa by contrast has connect fans back with the club, connected the club to the city and given a sense of pride back. Also referring to the previous points, Rafa said we'd struggle if we didn't get these positions and lo and behold we're struggle - Rafa has been straight with us. The others weren't.[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    **** sake just gave answer to each question on the other thread I'll move it across.

Edit - here we are:I can give you what i think the answers are, but they are just my thoughts.

1) Brighton are only 3 points ahead (one game) and Huddersfield are 6 points ahead (2 games). They've also not had injuries to key players. For example we missed Lascelles badly in the games he wasn't in, likewise with Merino. They haven't lost key players yet.

I'd also point out net spends in summer:

Brighton - £39.65 million
    Huddersfield - £ 38.9 million
    Newcastle - £23.7 million.

That is quite a difference between us. If we'd spent another £15.2 million on a striker to bring us level with Huddersfield i don't think we'd be in this situation.

2) No point even mentioning Mitro because Rafa doesn't want him, Joselu is prefered to Mitro because he does as Rafa asks in his position and doesn't run the risk of getting sent off etc. As to why Gayle i think it's just the rotation because we have a run of games and very little time in between so rather than risk injury he rotates.

3) Well for starters Rafa said at the beginning it would be a struggle and said we needed an experience keeper, that we needed a striker and then wasn't given them. I know some on here say well he spent the money but i fully believe as do a lot of others that he was shafted by Ashley in regards money. We know who Rafa wanted as his striker - Tammy Abrahams, did he get him. No.

4) Pardew was mocked because he's a ****ing little prick. He gave excuse after excuse, brown nosed Ashley like a deep-sea diver going in deep and generally made a mockery of the club. Rafa by contrast has connect fans back with the club, connected the club to the city and given a sense of pride back. Also referring to the previous points, Rafa said we'd struggle if we didn't get these positions and lo and behold we're struggle - Rafa has been straight with us. The others weren't.
    [/QUOTE]

wow much did rgose two spend in th fizzt

trouble isb jammy
    all you plastics

havent aclue

Better a plastic fan than whatever you are Pboro. . .

Because i think we all acknowledge you're not a fan, a Ashley brown-noser maybe but fan - nah, no chance.

I repeat what I have said before that Rafa is to be praised for winning the Championship. But one important point in reply to what many have posted: if success is due entirely to net spend then logically it doesn't matter who is manager. If you can outspend others you may as well have Joe Soap on 250k rather than R. Benitez on a reported £5m.

wow much did rgose two spend in th fizzt

trouble isb jammy
    all you plastics

havent aclue[/QUOTE]

those two spent a damn sight more in the fizzy than nufc did. why?? because they spent over a number of years building a squad to challenge then win promotion. why can't you understand that??? it isn't rocket science.

Quote Originally Posted by occult View Post
    I repeat what I have said before that Rafa is to be praised for winning the Championship. But one important point in reply to what many have posted: if success is due entirely to net spend then logically it doesn't matter who is manager. If you can outspend others you may as well have Joe Soap on 250k rather than R. Benitez on a reported £5m.
    you are discounting the fact that that brighton and huddersfield had a far more settled squad than we did to begin with. their squads were buyilt over years not in 4 weeks

Quote Originally Posted by toonlegend View Post
    you are discounting the fact that that brighton and huddersfield had a far more settled squad than we did to begin with. their squads were buyilt over years not in 4 weeks
    This is a very good point.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)