+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Robbo reacts

Robbo reacts

On the Beeb:

"How we've not won the game, never mind come away with nothing, is a really hard one to take," he tells BBC Sportsound.

"That is probably our best away performance of the season, better than Aberdeen, but the harsh reality is that Russell [Griffiths] has been punished for his one mistake.

"We had chance after chance and we didn't take them. Those are the two areas we need to improve on but, in terms of the boys' attitude and application, we can't do a whole lot more. I'll take a lot of positives from today."

A quick look at form for the last 5 games played in the league clearly shows Motherwell currently have the worst.
    1 point from a possibly 15 is relegation material, as is supported by being beaten by the bottom club.

Really need to turn this around soon or the season really is over now.

I don't think we'll be in a relegation scrap although its dangerous to assume that. Once Carson and Hartley return that should stiffen our defence to the point where we can pick up draws. The return of Cadden and Frear will also help. However we are seriously short up front and we'll need to bring in 1 if not 2 strikers next month. Its crystal clear also that our midfield lacks creativity. January will be an important month for us.

Neither do I, really....in the last four seasons you needed 36/37 points to avoid the play-off and we'll surely reach that. As much as we tailed off a bit, we could easily have won the last two (and taken a point at Tynie, for that matter).

However, as winning becomes a habit and you get used to edging 50-50s, losing is a habit as well and you start finding a way to lose them as we have done recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome_Devil View Post
    Neither do I, really....in the last four seasons you needed 36/37 points to avoid the play-off and we'll surely reach that. As much as we tailed off a bit, we could easily have won the last two (and taken a point at Tynie, for that matter).

However, as winning becomes a habit and you get used to edging 50-50s, losing is a habit as well and you start finding a way to lose them as we have done recently.
    I'm neither complacent, nor panicking. We're without several very influential and reliable players; their return will make a difference, and our strongest team is at least as good as most of the teams in our league. That said, I'd definitely feel better if our strikers did a bit more striking! Maybe it's a confidence issue - a couple of goals for Fisher might work wonders.
    Either that or we need to find another Louis Moult in January.

We need at least one more striker, which is easier said the done. We are coming to the critical period in our season, we don't want to be dragged into a relegation fight. I do think we are a bit to good for that but we are going in that general direction at the moment. The thing is we are playing ok, we just need to start putting the ball in the net. We don't need to panic just yet.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)