+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Encouraged?

Encouraged?

I know it could be considered the ‘Derby Way’ for us to go and mess up against horrible Millwall next week but I thought that today was genuinely encouraging. Villa are a big side and this is precisely the sort of fixture which might have seen us retreat into our ‘shells’ in recent seasons.
    Showed some bottle, dealt with the absence of a key player, good substitutions showing the depth of the squad...all in all I’m encouraged and well done...but please don’t go and blow all the good work next week.

MIWOR have just beaten Middlesoro and drew at Villa Park so dont take them for granted. But yes a decent 6 pointer win despite 33% possession according to BBC.

Shame the Trees couldnt get a point at Brizzle.

Win next week itll be 44 points after 23,, not bad going for a team in a rebuild transition imo,, on for an 88 point haul if we match the first half of the season (IF we beat Millwall). Wolves are gone though, and its going to be a struggle to catch 2nd aswell anyway,, but itd be derby all over to muck up next week.

Keep winning your own games and don't worry about the others. I for one didn't expect to be in this position when we started in August. Big win today.

Quote Originally Posted by roger_ramjet View Post
    MIWOR have just beaten Middlesoro and drew at Villa Park so dont take them for granted. But yes a decent 6 pointer win despite 33% possession according to BBC.

Shame the Trees couldnt get a point at Brizzle.
    Not taking them for ‘granted’ RR, it’ll doubtless be difficult, but avoiding the ‘stumbling block’ after recent sesults would be a great Christmas present and real cause for optimism.

Besides they’re my least favourite side in the division...and that includes Forest and Leeds.

Same old excuses by Warburton. Time for him to go.
    Still hasn't figured his best team after 4 months into the season.

Sack him and would be a Christmas present

The villa fans I know said that Millwall played them off the park last week and should have won by a couple of goals, so I don't think it'll be an easy match.

Great result for me today.

Quote Originally Posted by Romanis View Post

Be careful what you wish for,, hes got you top half with a mess imo,, you lost to a team that are 3rd in the league and ripped us to shreds when we played em (4-1), imo bristol city are far more entertaining than neil warnocks band of cloggers and probably a better side aswell. Warburton has done a good job so far and will slowly build a capable promotion chasing side if given the chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Romanis View Post

Stick to sucking sheep (edited) and leave the footballing opinions to those with a bit of *******s about them.
    Last edited by Bloomeram; 17-12-2017 at 12:01 PM.

Disagree actually Rom and, for once, agree entirely with DCFCA. This thread though is about Derby’s prospects, not Forest’s, and I disrespectfully suggest to Garibaldi that you take your offensive and anatomically dubious ******** back to the Forest site and stay there.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)