+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Manchester City on a different planet

Quote Originally Posted by Wedgie_pie View Post
    Not only Puskas 'uysapie' but di Stefano, Hector Rial, and the great Gento....
    Absolutely. Best match I have watched, Real 8 Eintrach 3.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    Just finished watching Manchester City slaughter Tottenham and I have to say they are playing a level of football I've never witnessed in the Premier League before. In fact, I would rank them alongside Capello's AC Milan of the 1980s and Pep Guardiola's Barcelona team as the best three club sides I've seen in my lifetime.
    I've never seen anything like it in my lifetime at the highest level of English football. 16 wins in a row at any level is an incredible achievement, but to do it at the top is unreal. It's at a level of football where it becomes pure champagne football and an art.

They are untouchable at the moment.

Who was it on here earlier in the season who said Sterling is the most over rated over paid player in the prem?

Manchester City are playing superb football i agree, but the best team/goal i have ever seen was that Gordon Mair effort against Ipswich.
    https://youtu.be/EXMlVJIJtS0
    Even City couldn't beat that wonder goal with all their money/world class players too.
    Last edited by POSTYPIE; 17-12-2017 at 09:08 AM. Reason: error

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Who was it on here earlier in the season who said Sterling is the most over rated over paid player in the prem?
    To be fair he has still got a lot to learn. It's one thing missing sitters left right and centre in a record breaking team when you know you'll get another good chance in five minutes, another in any other team where you get one per game if you're lucky and have to score or become a comedy/hate figure (like for the national team).

They are terrific. Lots to be says about money buying success. But let's face it, as we know, you still need a manager capable of motivating and organising them to take it to that level.

the proof of the pudding is a champions league title though.

Like the aforementioned Milan, Madrid and Barca.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    What about that great Brazilian player who resided in Bulwell, RiverLeeno?
    ....Brilliant

Oh the shallowness of some comments on here. Yesterday the Guardian carried a lengthy commentary on Man City by Giles Tremlett, a highly respected journalist.
    Man City are not a passing fancy. They are now the head of a 'venture scheme' CFG (City Football Group) that is bent on global domination steered by money from Abu Dhabi and its principal architect - a Spaniard named Ferran Soriano.
    Here's the thinking that lies at their heart:
    "If you invest £10m each in 10 players, you only need one to get to the top and be worth £100m"
    They now have City clubs in 10 different countries. Hundreds of young players will be ruthlessly exploited in their determined search to find the next Messi / Ronaldo / de Bruyne.
    This is football as raw capitalism. Money and business before any sense of community. Of course, in the end it comes down to just one huge venture taking over the entire world of football. They will then be in a position to determine the laws and structure of the game to ensure their own dominance for the foreseeable future.
    Clubs like Man City are a serious danger to those of us who value football being placed at the heart of the community. Isn't that something that Notts County fans value?
    Well, fluck me, there I go off on one about politics again. But in a way it's football too, innit?
    Love you all for Christmas.
    El Sid

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Oh the shallowness of some comments on here. Yesterday the Guardian carried a lengthy commentary on Man City by Giles Tremlett, a highly respected journalist.
    Man City are not a passing fancy. They are now the head of a 'venture scheme' CFG (City Football Group) that is bent on global domination steered by money from Abu Dhabi and its principal architect - a Spaniard named Ferran Soriano.
    "If you invest £10m each in 10 players, you only need one to get to the top and be worth £100m"
    They now have City clubs in 10 different countries. Hundreds of young players will be ruthlessly exploited in their determined search to find the next Messi / Ronaldo / de Bruyne.
    This is football as raw capitalism. Money and business before any sense of community. Of course, in the end it comes down to just one huge venture taking over the entire world of football. They will then be in a position to determine the laws and structure of the game to ensure their own dominance for the foreseeable future.
    Clubs like Man City are a serious danger to those of us who value football being placed at the heart of the community. Isn't that something that Notts County fans value?
    Well, fluck me, there I go off on one about politics again. But in a way it's football too, innit?
    El Sid
    A bit like the footballing version of the EU then.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    El Sid
    Well there you go - you get to see what brilliance money and success can do and the response is to try and bring it down to the lowest common denominator. Tell you what, why not let a left wing guvment take over and finance football, at the taxpayers expense so that everyone gets an even chance and then we can all wax lyrical at what was served up yesterday at Meadow Lane, if we're lucky.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast