+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Manchester City on a different planet

[QUOTE=Elite_Pie;38734376]A new letter 'H' key should be top of i961's Christmas list. His current one has been broken for ages.

Or should that be 'Is current one as been broken for ages'?[/QUOTE

HIS that the best you can come up with EP

[QUOTE=DelroyFacey22;38734336]You obviously watch a lot of Italian football then eh? The fact he was Roma's player of the season and scored a goal every other game from the wing for them in both the seasons he was there and then Liverpool broke their club transfer record to sign him

Man City paid a lot of money for Sterling because the way he was performing for Liverpool. I believe it was a record fee for an English player at the time.

And the word you are looking for is HAS, not AS, they are not the same word...

I have a speech impediment I drop my aitches
    Last edited by i961pie; 19-12-2017 at 10:55 PM.

[QUOTE=DelroyFacey22;38734336].. My point about Salah is that he is good enough to do things on his own and carry his team

I have no problem with Salah he as/has been excellent so far for Liverpool but carry his team is a bit over the top with Mane, Courtinho and Firmino alongside him.

My point about the tap ins is that people like you will see "Oh Sterling scored twice, he must have played really well" whereas in reality my dog couldve scored both of the goals and he missed two sitters. It's similar to Jorge Grant at Notts, he's scored in some games where those goals have been his only contribution to the game yet Forest fans will see the result and say that he's carrying us, which is simply not the case.

That comparison is poor, people like me as/has you put it see with their own eyes what City and Sterling do every game because all their matches are shown on tv live or with extended highlights, Forest fans only see the results.
    And as for scoring 2 goals and missing 2 sitters that is only one game you keep harping on about, I am talking about his season so far. If he or any other striker or winger did that every game any manager or fan would be delighted.

City paid a lot for Sterling because he's english and young, that puts an extra £20 million on someones price in the premiership, he was coming from another top team in the same league which adds even more money on to it AND then you also have the fact that City are rich so teams make them over pay for everyone because they know they have the funds.

Salah doesn't really carry Liverpool, correct, but he does carry his national team, you'll be seeing them in the World Cup thanks to him. He stands out at Liverpool as a star player though, he's not just scoring from the hard work of the players around him like Mane and Coutinho, he's a player that can change a game on his own by creating something from nothing, Sterling is not, he is very easily replaced in the Man City team, Pep could probably stick himself in his position and still grab a few goals.

We can go round in circles forever, football is all about opinions so we will agree to differ on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    To be fair he has still got a lot to learn. It's one thing missing sitters left right and centre in a record breaking team when you know you'll get another good chance in five minutes, another in any other team where you get one per game if you're lucky and have to score or become a comedy/hate figure (like for the national team).
    There's Sterling's first sitter missed.

There's Sterling's first sitter missed.
    Very poor tonight. I want to like him but really struggling. Come on Raheem, prove me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by CmonU***yStylishPies View Post
    Very poor tonight. I want to like him but really struggling. Come on Raheem, prove me wrong.
    Yeah I liked him when he broke through years ago, raw but clearly talented, he hasn't progressed that much though, I don't think he has much of a football brain. Hope Rashford starts in future.

Yeah I liked him when he broke through years ago, raw but clearly talented, he hasn't progressed that much though, I don't think he has much of a football brain. Hope Rashford starts in future.
    By his standards, Stirling wasn't that bad, but after he's gone past a couple of people he seems to run out of ideas and loses the ball. Rashford needs to start and play slightly deeper than Kane and roam a bit. To those who won't watch anyone but Notts, I mean like McCulloch playing off Christie.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456