+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Next 7 games

Next 7 games

5 of them are against sides in bottom 6 (Hull x2, Birmingham, Burton, Millwall), other two are Nottingham Forest and Ipswich.

21 points up for grabs, absolutely crucial period for us and one in which we need to do incredibly well, I'd say 18 points is a must, because the run after that is:

Cardiff H
    Sheff U A (even if they end up being rubbish, they will always raise their game against us)
    Bristol H
    Derby A
    Brentford H
    Boro A
    Wolves H
    Reading A
    Sheff Wed H

An incredibly tough run, luckily some of the better teams in Cardiff, Wolves and Bristol are at Elland Road. Things are looking positive but we need that good momentum and a bit of strengthening in January upfront, at left back and in central midfield.

I was just looking at the fixtures, we need t see off these struggling teams right from the whistle, some of them will up their game and we need to just demoralise them them straight off and get some early goals

The way this league is I wouldn't be surprised to lose the next 7 then win every game till the end of season crazy as this league is .

No reason we shouldn't get a good return though .

One game at a time - and all eminently winnable - winning hopefully breeds confidence which hopefully helps us win which ...

I'm in the way of thinking that teams playing us will think they have hard games coming up.....

Cardiff H. 1 Point
    Sheff U A 0
    Bristol H. 0
    Derby A. 0
    Brentford H. 3
    Boro A 1
    Wolves H 0
    Reading A 3
    Sheff Wed 1

9 points from 9 games ... Not good enough...Be interesting to see just how many you get from some pretty tough games.On the other hand if you are going to achieve a top six Finish you would realistically be looking at obtaining at least 17 points from them..

Agree with Joel we need 18 or more points.

I'd put the number at 19 but think we should attack early and hard every game. at this point a draw is effectively a loss. we aren't going to break top 6 getting a point here or there. Go for the win and either win or lose. we aren't relegation material either so finishing 10-15th with a bunch of draws is no better than going for it and losing some.

the next 9 games after that are a bear. we better have some momentum and a whole lot of points going into them.

Take it one game at a time and winning becomes a habit .... look too far ahead and the wheels come off Ashes stylie!

Wouldn't surprise me if we win the games we expect to lose and lose the games we expect to win

Its a fecking weird division.

Wouldn't surprise me if we win them all

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)