+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The irony is

The irony is

...as fans, we often get labelled as fickle-changing our minds within the space of a few months, weeks or even games....but now we're getting stick for standing by someone. ??? How does that work, then?

Aye, I've questioned whether, given our appalling run, someone else might get a better performance out of our current squad. I agree-some of his team selections are baffling, the timings and nature of his subs can be frustrating and no, his footy isn't always the prettiest to watch...

...but....there is NO getting away from the fact that he has been badly-criminally-shafted by Ashley and we are looking at the results of 10 years of mis-management. Pick any analogy you want from 'he's playing in a tennis Grand Slam final with a 1970's wooden racket' to 'he's competing in a formula 1 race with a mini' but, with this group of players, what else is possible. (and yes, many were bought by him, but it's a bit like having a go at someone for not winning a 100 m race against Ussain Bolt when they were on a pogo stick)

Or something like that.

Look, I know we're playing like drains at the minute and Rafa has to shoulder his share of the blame but look at our squad, man-who would do better with that shower of shite?

There is also the fact they are clearly still playing for him.

They are working hard and yes their playing crap but the quality that was asked for in the summer isn't there.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    ...as fans, we often get labelled as fickle-changing our minds within the space of a few months, weeks or even games....but now we're getting stick for standing by someone. ??? How does that work, then?

Aye, I've questioned whether, given our appalling run, someone else might get a better performance out of our current squad. I agree-some of his team selections are baffling, the timings and nature of his subs can be frustrating and no, his footy isn't always the prettiest to watch...

...but....there is NO getting away from the fact that he has been badly-criminally-shafted by Ashley and we are looking at the results of 10 years of mis-management. Pick any analogy you want from 'he's playing in a tennis Grand Slam final with a 1970's wooden racket' to 'he's competing in a formula 1 race with a mini' but, with this group of players, what else is possible. (and yes, many were bought by him, but it's a bit like having a go at someone for not winning a 100 m race against Ussain Bolt when they were on a pogo stick)

Or something like that.

Look, I know we're playing like drains at the minute and Rafa has to shoulder his share of the blame but look at our squad, man-who would do better with that shower of shite?
    .. Allardyce would do a better job in this situation mind .. What has been with your gaffa not playing Mitrovic. I know he was injured today and I don't think he's ****ing brilliant or out, but he's your Connor Wickham imo, and would probably help keep you up .

Aalreet, Andy. You'll be a happy chap at the minute, aye?

Mitrovic isn't very good but I think your Connor Whickham comparison is actually a very good one. We need something-or someone-different and Mitrovic could be that player. Not under Rafa, though-something's happened between the two of them and I think he'll be gone in January. Possibly one of the question marks against Rafa that he won't play him no matter how shite Perez and Joselu are...but, then, he was right about needing a new 'keeper when a lot of us thought we were ok there, so who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Aalreet, Andy. You'll be a happy chap at the minute, aye?

Mitrovic isn't very good but I think your Connor Whickham comparison is actually a very good one. We need something-or someone-different and Mitrovic could be that player. Not under Rafa, though-something's happened between the two of them and I think he'll be gone in January. Possibly one of the question marks against Rafa that he won't play him no matter how shite Perez and Joselu are...but, then, he was right about needing a new 'keeper when a lot of us thought we were ok there, so who knows?

.. Yes mate, I know everything tonight, I'm the all seeing eye. The win has done a world of good .. I was a bit frightened to be too happy in case the alarm went off mind..

Quote Originally Posted by andyj73 View Post
    I was a bit frightened to be too happy in case the alarm went off mind..
    Been there, man.

Just wanted to add to this...last night the team were applauded off despite losing, despite it being 5 home defeats in a row-our worst for 64 years (or something), despite a run of 4 points out of a possible 33.

Now, some might accuse us of being stupid/blind...whatever...but, to me, that is proper support. Aye, there's bound to be grumbles, some folk have turned against the manager (and I don't have a problem with people feeling different from me on this) but his name was still being sung at the end. Lays the lie that we expect too much, hound managers out, etc.

A couple of blokes near us were berating Rafa when MC scored, 'what's your effing plan B Rafa?' Well he stuck with plan A regardless.

Same blokes were on their feet berating the ref at every decision in the last 15 minutes when we were still in with a shout in the game.

They're not sitting in the stands for nothing. Some are fickle.

Are they ST holders Stanley or one game wonders?

Season ticket holders in the Gallowgate Bobby.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)