+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Attendance (freebies) v Performance

Attendance (freebies) v Performance

Is this the third major initiative of giving away tickets this season in a bid to attract new support?

I'm happy to stand corrected but Lincoln, Forest Green Rovers and today v Grimsby are the ones that come to mind.

Lincoln was a win after they went down to 10 men, the others were draws. A "no shots on target" is more likely to turn people off rather than on and I can't help wonder if AH's enthusiasm is just as likely to backfire. You'd hope for a crowd of 7,000+ for today without any freebies.

Anybody think that maybe there's an additional pressure on the players that is stifling them?

I'm not complaining that we got a draw but if you're hyping up the marketing then not delivering the product is a lost opportunity and I'm concerned that underlying gates/receipts are going to struggle to meet AH's expectation and may turn out to be counter-productive.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    Anybody think that maybe there's an additional pressure on the players that is stifling them?
    I sincerely hope not. Any player who actually prefers performing in front of a smaller crowd has no place in the squad.

More likely 'Piss up in Ireland' v Performance. It's no coincidence. They'll be back to normal next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    More likely 'Piss up in Ireland' v Performance. It's no coincidence. They'll be back to normal next week.
    They did ok today against a good and organised team, happy with a point. Let’s stop moaning.

What is a worry for me is that the two best player's don't belong to notts.

Got on the 58 bus to Arnold, sat behind a bloke who was on the phone to his ( I assumed ) wife. Conversation as follows: " I've still got his Christmas money for the half season ticket, he doesn't want it now" Couldn't hear response from other party. Then "Well I can't blame him after sitting through that crap, don't think I'll bother again either"

So that's 2 potential regulars driven away by yet another poor game in front of a large crowd. What is it with us that we ALWAYS play garbage when a sizeable crowd is there?

Quote Originally Posted by arnapie View Post
    Got on the 58 bus to Arnold, sat behind a bloke who was on the phone to his ( I assumed ) wife. Conversation as follows: " I've still got his Christmas money for the half season ticket, he doesn't want it now" Couldn't hear response from other party. Then "Well I can't blame him after sitting through that crap, don't think I'll bother again either"

So that's 2 potential regulars driven away by yet another poor game in front of a large crowd. What is it with us that we ALWAYS play garbage when a sizeable crowd is there?
    Someone has understood my point! Regulars might always moan and pick and choose games but it is the wasted effort of AH's freebies that could turn the extra (even picky) supporters off. All well and good shouting about how the gates have gone up and compare us against Coventry, Luton but at the end of the day it is the revenue that matters.

Also too many freebies and I can see the paying fans getting a bit annoyed. Bit of a tightrope there.

League 2 football generally is garbage. It’s just that we’ve normally managed to win at home this season while still being garbage. How many times have we beaten 11 men this season and honestly played well?

Quote Originally Posted by JoePass View Post
    They did ok today against a good and organised team, happy with a point. Let’s stop moaning.
    Wot he says. ^^^^^^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    Someone has understood my point! Regulars might always moan and pick and choose games but it is the wasted effort of AH's freebies that could turn the extra (even picky) supporters off. All well and good shouting about how the gates have gone up and compare us against Coventry, Luton but at the end of the day it is the revenue that matters.

Also too many freebies and I can see the paying fans getting a bit annoyed. Bit of a tightrope there.
    I just think you need to look at the Long Term Picture, cut the Whinging and Minging and thank the Lord we have an owner who is a Fan and cares about the long term future of our Great Old Club.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast