+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The JTW. McCabe/Prince,Wilder and the rest of the season.

brooks will go thats for sure but if he does i hope its in the summer and not january ive a feeling with this bad run were on chris might just put brooks back in starting line up could be worth the gamble nowt to lose now lets just go for it

If selling Brooks for north of £10m gives Wilder the funds to get us auto or play off I'd take that.
    Next season this league could be so much stronger and we would have lost impetus and some degree of belief.

Also shows we've let go on freebies players with total value of £3 to 4 million. These transfer figures need to take into account wages and signing on fees which in many cases are well above the transfer fees. Just think of the Pig free transfers, Hooper, Wallace, Fletcher etc and what they actually cost. Rhodes t/fee £10.3 million + £3 m signing on fee and approx £50.000 per week = £2.5 million over 4 years, gonna cost over £23 million. Money well spent on such a prolific goalscorer.

Quote Originally Posted by seanbeanstattoo View Post
    If selling Brooks for north of £10m gives Wilder the funds to get us auto or play off I'd take that.
    Next season this league could be so much stronger and we would have lost impetus and some degree of belief.
    Seconded. I'm not averse to Brooks going - I'm not unrealistic and am fully aware that if the big boys come knocking he'll want to prove himself at the top level - but it HAS to be for the right price, and money HAS to be invested back into the squad.

McC is at a crossroads here - he's somehow managed, through blind luck, good judgement or a combination of the two, to have finally got the club going in the right direction, with passion both on and off the pitch. If he ****s this up I don't think even the most ardent of his bum-lickers could defend him. Although I have no doubt they still will.

Quote Originally Posted by tomytony View Post
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Here we go.

McC's words on the original partnership investment
    “We’ve been looking for partner investors for six years and this is fantastic. This is game-changing for this club.

“The money being made available is for investment at first-team level and that means building a squad that can get us back to the upper echelons of English football.

“The partner is here for the long term and I’ve got to know him well, and I’m delighted that he’s on board.”

Phipps' confirmation does indeed allude to the 'L/pool like' FKB,, McC's to the 'game changing'.

Wasn't Phipps a co chairman thus representing SUFC, thus representing the Price and McCwhen he spoke?

"The Saudi prince, who has homes in Riyadh, London and Beverly Hills, joins the board as McCabe’s co-chairman along with James Phipps, who brokered the deal."
    You misquoted him. Yet again. The number of times the falsehood that McCabe said "think Liverpool" has been repeated is laughable.

The investment on promotion is clearly supposed to be coming from the Prince, not McCabe. Can't see much up to now.

"Game changing" refers to the austerity situation McCabe had previously put in place had come to an end.

Bloody facts eh?

Quote Originally Posted by FatherKnowsBest View Post
    I'm not having that TT. You are attributing the quote to McCabe, when it wasn't his words. He never said it. You are wrong, clearly wrong and you should just admit it and get over it.

You can't have the 'wasn't Phipps representing the club, and therefore McCabe by association? ' either. It wasn't an official statement agreed by the board, it was an off-the cuff remark by Phipps to temper expectation when there was a lot of excitement about us being the next Man City. None of this makes the quote come from McCabes mouth. None of the quotes you are making from McCabe commit him to anything that you seem to think they do.

We're making huge strides as a club and have been for quite some time, but 'proving himself as a shyster' for failing to meet some arbitrary target for investment that you are dreaming up, based on words he didn't even say. Well, I just find that strange in the extreme.
    Have a like.

Quote Originally Posted by GrayBlade View Post
    The plot thickens. Bettis and Green have resigned and McCabe’s lads are back after just 3 months absence.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/c...filing-history

Didn’t McCabe say that one if the reasons for them stepping down was because the Prince and his people were now in position to be more involved?
    To be more involved was twisted by a few to mean "taking over" which I said at the time was laughable.

Bettis is still a director of Blades Leisure but not the FC. Green has gone.

Investment on promotion was said to be coming from the Prince. We'll see in January how substantial that is.

it wont be substantial holden will it 3 million is the figure we have heard but january is not the best time to be signing players though is it however if there isnt any substantial money in the summer window i think we all know we have been led up the garden path once more by the sufc boardroom

Quote Originally Posted by shorehamoldboy View Post
    it wont be substantial holden will it 3 million is the figure we have heard but january is not the best time to be signing players though is it however if there isnt any substantial money in the summer window i think we all know we have been led up the garden path once more by the sufc boardroom
    I've been told a similar figure leaked yet again from the boardroom. McCabe not happy.

Yep, panic buying in January increases fees etc.

I could say that we are selling Brooks but getting him back for the rest of the season, but like everyone else's claims about him, l'd be making things up.

Maybe I have missed something there but it says "Green" has resigned but no mention of Bettis ?

The McCabes appear to be back on board ? as you say the plot thickens.

UTB

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast