+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We are letting it slip, sadly it won't be this year!!

We are letting it slip, sadly it won't be this year!!

I don't think I'm alone in thinking the slide has begun and no its not the fault of the Manager, we have been severely disrupted by injuries and simply, we are just not good enough. A few weeks ago, I may have said " we can get 2nd spot" but honestly even a play off place may be just too much for us?

Terry out, Kodija out and continuing niggles to several key players has meant no cohesion and no consistency! we are dropping points at home and clubs are battering us. Having Gabby and Hogan coming off the bench did not excite me and these guys should be busting a gut as they could soon be moving away from the club, I just hope Bruce has a couple of players lined up ready for Jan1st because this squad will suffer.

Anyone have a game plan for the rest of the season?

1. Try getting Danny Ings in on loan ?

2. Give O’Hare some game time ?

3. Either Josh Onomah has a clause in his loan deal, stipulating he HAS to start OR Steve Bruce has shifted his Walter Mitty romanticism from Gabby to the Spuds small fry ?– My perception isn't a proposition by Wittgenstein IF Josh Onomah doesn't perform he doesn't feature

4. Bruce’s penchant to go with one striker at home & bewildering NONE at all V Derby ?

I would buy Peter Crouch. We defiantly need Terry and Kodjia fit. Find of the season is Davis but he needs resting.

I agree won't be this year TD, too many injuries disrupting what was becoming a very settled side that despite not playing particularly well was finding a way to win games, like Newcastle last season.

I would leave Hogan and Gabby out of the matchday 16, neither are going to help us when we have the likes of Green & O'Hare well up for it. JT back soon will help us get clean sheets so an outside chance of playoffs, but we are nowhere near the PL

I would try and buy Barry from west brom.

Quote Originally Posted by bongosdad View Post
    I would try and buy Barry from west brom.
    Peter Crouch – Gareth Barry ?

Perhaps we might get Carehome.co.uk as our sponsor eh ?

I’m afraid I’m beginning to turn against SB, I havn’t got as far as wanting him out yet, but I’m getting sick of his analysis and excuses.

* We’re ravaged by injuries, my hole we are!! We have the best squad, on paper, in the league. Plus decent, hungry youngsters. Terry injured, where the **** is Suliman? U19 England World Cup winning CAPTAIN!!! Kodjia and Hogan out, No O’Hare, No McKirdy, both just as young as Davis, ah that’s right, they’re not built like sh1thouses, accustomed to hoofball. The whole world knew of Hogan’s injuries. Ya finally get Kodjia fit 4 days before international duty, then pack him off to Africa only for him to get injured in the 2nd half of his 2nd international in 4 days. Ditto Jedi.

* We miss the big man (Davis). Sh1te for weeks. He may hold up a Hoof from the keeper, but he then gives it to Whelan, who then gives it back to the keeper again, or to the opposition

* We keep making mistakes/errors/passing to the opposition. Doh!! Who’s bin coaching the players for 14 months, they could all pass at their previous clubs

* I made a mistake, I got it wrong, it’s my fault, maybe I should’ve done this/that. Well Steve, how many times have you used that one THIS season? 4 by my reckoning

* We just don’t seem to create enough. But Steve, Hurrihane, Adomah, Lansbury and Elmo were all top assisters at their previous clubs
    *Snodgrass? We don’t get points for yellow cards or diving

* We’re skint, I can’t buy anyone. You knew the score mate and still threw 12 mil at a run making short arse CF to play Hoofball. Bree?? The young lad from Bury?? Both able defenders with positional sense but you insist on Mutton

The list goes on. Shape up or ship out Mr Bruce.

I have not given up. He really needs a good, actually great transfer window. This league is fast and if you are going with a big forward then you need a quick player alongside him.

The injury problems are starting to clear up and Suliman, Green, Clark, O Hare, Grealish, Bree, Leyden, Doyle-Hayes, Davis and Hepburn-Murphy all need to get games. One of them at least needs to be in every game and they all need to get at least two matches by the end of the season

Quote Originally Posted by Exiledvillan View Post
    I’m afraid I’m beginning to turn against SB, I havn’t got as far as wanting him out yet, but I’m getting sick of his analysis and excuses.

* We’re ravaged by injuries, my hole we are!! We have the best squad, on paper, in the league. Plus decent, hungry youngsters. Terry injured, where the **** is Suliman? U19 England World Cup winning CAPTAIN!!! Kodjia and Hogan out, No O’Hare, No McKirdy, both just as young as Davis, ah that’s right, they’re not built like sh1thouses, accustomed to hoofball. The whole world knew of Hogan’s injuries. Ya finally get Kodjia fit 4 days before international duty, then pack him off to Africa only for him to get injured in the 2nd half of his 2nd international in 4 days. Ditto Jedi.

* We miss the big man (Davis). Sh1te for weeks. He may hold up a Hoof from the keeper, but he then gives it to Whelan, who then gives it back to the keeper again, or to the opposition

* We keep making mistakes/errors/passing to the opposition. Doh!! Who’s bin coaching the players for 14 months, they could all pass at their previous clubs

* I made a mistake, I got it wrong, it’s my fault, maybe I should’ve done this/that. Well Steve, how many times have you used that one THIS season? 4 by my reckoning

* We just don’t seem to create enough. But Steve, Hurrihane, Adomah, Lansbury and Elmo were all top assisters at their previous clubs
    *Snodgrass? We don’t get points for yellow cards or diving

* We’re skint, I can’t buy anyone. You knew the score mate and still threw 12 mil at a run making short arse CF to play Hoofball. Bree?? The young lad from Bury?? Both able defenders with positional sense but you insist on Mutton

The list goes on. Shape up or ship out Mr Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by freer View Post

No! If not for Bruce I think there is a good chance we would be sitting where our noisy neighbours are. We were in free fall.

That said, I can’t understand why we were playing with no striker on Saturday. Either give Hogan a run in the team or ship him out. We have the players in midfield not to have to play hoofball and play to Hogan’s strengths. Just needs working out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)