+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: FAO Acido

FAO Acido

I notice that you follow the gripping series Peaky Blinders. I just wondered if any other fans on your site follow it?

Eyup abbo. I've wondered about it, but never got round to watching it. Is it good? What kind of show could you liken it to, if any?

Quote Originally Posted by Old Goat View Post
    Eyup abbo. I've wondered about it, but never got round to watching it. Is it good? What kind of show could you liken it to, if any?
    The programme is gritty, brutal and a well made with an excellent cast. Realistic settings filmed at various venues around the Midlands and other areas. You really need to try and watch it from the first seris to get the gist. The brothers had been in the first world war together before returning to Brum. I can't think of another programme to compare it with.

Thanks for that. I'll put it my list of things to check out.

That latest "fashion" on theear, the flat cap, that all the trendy crowd are now following, ez been gooin in Tarn fo generations. We lead, others follow.

I’ve watched it since beginning. Really good drama.

Hey up Abbo, and yes your right, I like the Peakies and that real gritty view they give of life in Birmingham/Small Heath back in those days. The idea of those sort of dodgy people stitching razors and things into the caps or the lapels on their jackest makes me glad I never was around to get into an argument with one of them.

By the way, have you watched any Dr Who yet and do you still think its a medical program about Doctors ?. lol

Acido, I watch most things but I draw the line at medical programmes and cooking shows. I used to get up to Barnsley to a place that supplys stadium seating, and school chairs and tables. It is based on a small industrial estate on the outskirts of the town. Also been to a print works near the centre of the town to collect the Coventry weekly News.

One of my friends from Athletics , a top official, lives in Barnsley. I have been to your ground to watch the Wolves, not a good drive home, you won 2-1.

Peakies, what a programme last night. Looking forward to seris five