+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Season so far

Season so far

Looking back, we went 4th on day 1 and after falling down to mid table got back to 7th on Sept 1st, then dropped to 9th but rising to 6th on October 1st after beating Everton and after falling down to 9th again have been in the top seven or higher since the end of October. We may stay 5th if Liverpool lose today and will stay there next week if we don’t lose to Spurs.
    Our defence is equal to Man City in conceding only 12 after 18 with United above us on 11 but with a WBA game today.
    That despite losing Tom after 9 games Matt and Mee and now Wardy. Pope has done well, though those in front have made his job easier. Bardsley saved a certain goal yesterday, Mee and Tarks have made lots of blocks and tackles. Taylor got his first start too. Our style of playing isn’t winning the first on MOTD slot and we are often near the end because we aren’t creating many chances with our 16 goals usually found in the bottom half.
    The end of term report must be has done well, much better than expected, but could do more. We seem better playing two up front and maybe we should try that more.
    Will the club want to go for Europe and slash the cash in January. I would prefer not this year as it takes a big change in approach. Maybe we will struggle to hold on to key players? I wonder what the New Year will bring, higher or lower?

Bring in a whizzing wide man, buy another high quality centre back and I can genuinely see us finishing top six.

We have the squad, we just need to keep on doing what we are doing.

may consider our defence being equal to MCity - Colner....if we'd scored " 56 " goals.
    ...think there's a great lack of finishing quality in the PL - for the most - it's useless...so if other teams bring in some connection to bridge the gap during the window - and we dont, then certainly we lose places, main thing is - we're safe from the drop.....so it'll probably depend on where we care to finish - the spending/selling will doubtless reflect that.

Nice resume OC, however, we lost Tom in the 36th minute of our 4th game of the season against Crystal Palace, a game which saw our first clean sheet of the season.
    Since coming on in that match, Nick Pope has played a total of 1314 minutes and kept 8 clean sheets (not including the Palace game or added time). He has conceded just 6 goals in open play and two goals to penalties.
    I have been pleased with out progress this season and I am a firm believer that you need a solid defence before you can build and progress. We certainly have the signs that there could well be a lot more improvement ahead.
    One thing that has been slightly inhibiting in recent matches has been the fact that Jack Cork has been on four cautions since the end of October and one more would have resulted in a suspension. I feel that this has affected him slightly and he has not put in one or two challenges that, previously, he had been doing. The deadline is the Spurs match and then it will be 10 cautions which are the benchmark.

Yes if we can score more goals and still maintain the defence who knows?
    Our away record is 3rd best with 15 points and Home is 7th with 17.
    Only Swansea have scored fewer 5 Home goals than our 7.

Good points supersub and thanks for the correction

what does slash the cash mean ?

Quote Originally Posted by In Dyche We Trust View Post
    I think it's the same as splash but you are taking the 'p'

Quote Originally Posted by In Dyche We Trust View Post
    could be a premonition.....Spending Cuts ?

and heading for the......

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    I think it's the same as splash but you are taking the 'p'
    Nothing to do with that cardinal sin on here- not usung splellchecker?😀

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)