+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 31 of 38 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: Celtic game

Rooney is ****e.

Stop playing him because of his past good seasons.

We need 2 strikers...we need goals!

Merry Xmas.

Did Brendan really say they "got three good goals". Eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Getintaethem View Post
    So your issue is not that, "He is cheating the Aberdeen fans and making a farce of the league as a competition" but that "We can't play that way".

The real issue is we are not a hammer throwers like St Johnstone, Hearts or Motherwell so we cannot out muscle Celtic. We are not as talented a team as Celtic so we cannot go head to head against them. We cannot push them high up the pitch as we leave space for their talented players to create openings. DM has tried all the above and many other tactics. We have competed pretty well in most of the games I have been at. Even when we beat them at Celtic park in the cup, the reality is that that game could have gone either way - and that was when they are pretty ****.

This season, being a season in which we lost two of our best players that created lots of our chances, has meant that we have not been as prolific in terms of chances - even against lesser competition. We have pressed teams and worn them down. Am I as happy with the team as last season, personally no, but we are in a transition period. We can bring in other players but mostly they are of the level we already have. Tansey was going to be a "great" signing and everyone was happy that he finally signed. He has not turned out to be the replacement we had hoped for. These things happen and these things happen to all managers.

It is easy to complain. But saying things like "have a go" and "get into them" (no pun intended) is pretty much completely pointless.
    This is a pretty decent assessment actually. I actually have more issue with how DM sets out against the h*ns. He gives them far too much respect and seems to think that if we just give them the ball and sit deep they'll lack the cutting edge to create chances. Well, how has that worked out for us? Rangers are a truly mediocre side and we should have been far more competitive in the two recent league fixtures.

Tansey hasn't worked out yet. O'Connor is limited. As much as he used to divide people, we could do with someone in the Willo Flood mould to give us a bit more edge in the middle of the park. The only way I can see the current group of players competing with Celtic is by trying to keep hold of possession. Are we good enough t do that?

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarok View Post
    This is a pretty decent assessment actually. I actually have more issue with how DM sets out against the h*ns. He gives them far too much respect and seems to think that if we just give them the ball and sit deep they'll lack the cutting edge to create chances. Well, how has that worked out for us? Rangers are a truly mediocre side and we should have been far more competitive in the two recent league fixtures.

The only way I can see the current group of players competing with Celtic is by trying to keep hold of possession.
    McInnes sets his teams to sit in during all matches against Celtic and Rangers and as explained numerous times previously that is why I don’t like his approach and tactics for these matches.
    You are getting there slowly and are starting to understand why a few of us don’t rate him.
    Having a go at the above teams would be good for our club and supporters. Let’s face it...we cannot defend nowhere good enough and that should be the main reason why that sit in tactic should be thrown out of Del’s tactic book.

I’m not getting anywhere slowly. Being broadly supportive of McInnes’s management and having complaints are not mutually exclusive positions.

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarok View Post
    I’m not getting anywhere slowly. Being broadly supportive of McInnes’s management and having complaints are not mutually exclusive positions.
    Admit it....he is even putting doubt in the mind of his hardcore supporters? A lot more fans are getting annoyed at his negative tactics and that is going to be the downfall of him.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Admit it....he is even putting doubt in the mind of his hardcore supporters? A lot more fans are getting annoyed at his negative tactics and that is going to be the downfall of him.
    More annoyed about the constant nae sayers.
    DM has his flaws, we acknowledge that.
    The majority of supporters are behind him though, very clear at the Dundee and Hibs games with the vocal support for him.

I was hoping after a couple of days break we’d see a fresh new outlook in here, rejuvenated from a couple of restive Christmas days.
    Sadly it’s not to be and the small minority keep sounding their forlorn horn.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Sadly it’s not to be and the small minority keep sounding their forlorn horn.
    Once he shows he has the quality as a manager to set our team up to win every match then the criticism he gets will be justified.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Once he shows he has the quality as a manager to set our team up to win every match then the criticism he gets will be justified.
    The last time we beat them at Celtic park we played a counter attacking game. i.e. defended from the centre line and broke at pace. Something that it seems you do not like as it is not setting up the team to win.

Actually, I have no idea what you mean by "setting up the team to win every match." Tell me explicitly what he needs to do to win against Celtic at Celtic Park with the squad that we have.

Quote Originally Posted by Getintaethem View Post
    The last time we beat them at Celtic park we played a counter attacking game. i.e. defended from the centre line and broke at pace. Something that it seems you do not like as it is not setting up the team to win.

Actually, I have no idea what you mean by "setting up the team to win every match." Tell me explicitly what he needs to do to win against Celtic at Celtic Park with the squad that we have.
    The first thing I would do is ditch the 2 sitting midfielders in front of the back four. Put a formation on the park that is attacking and stop sticking Rooney a mile up front on his own.
    Tell me again what year we bet Celtic at Celtic Park and who was their manager? Also remind me how we have faired against Celtic home and away under their new manager whilst we have deployed our sit in and counter tactic?
    Like I have said before...I am not the manager of Aberdeen but I could certainly at worst equal McInnes and his points total the last season and this against them.

Page 31 of 38 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast