+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Celtic game

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Out of interest if Logan was ill who would you have played at RB?
    Also (I think) McKenna wasn’t 100%, so who would you have played at centre half?
    First half we were pretty decent.
    Second half Celtic were (& are) just too good.
    Not sure I’d blame DM for the starting X1 when I heard the reasons.
    We were without 4 first teamers from last week.
    We need to sign a couple in January undoubtedly
    I would blame him for not even trying to change the tactics when they were clearly not working

Sadly though the result was a foregone conclusion before any such injury problems. We have a losing mentality against them and we do not have the manager or the players capable of turning that around. Obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by irnbru1903 View Post
    Sadly though the result was a foregone conclusion before any such injury problems. We have a losing mentality against them and we do not have the manager or the players capable of turning that around. Obviously.
    8 for 8 v teeth

Hearts beat them convincingly playing a couple of 16 year olds and had all sorts of injury problems.
    To say we didn't have any other options is garbage. McInnes has no plan B, only plan A.

Aberdeen sell out to Celtic, time after time.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    8 for 8 v teeth
    whats the aggregate. how much to (a guess) 5 tops to us.

Agg is 20-3

Pretty embarrassing sh@t

In 4 games against the 2 cheeks this season we have lost 3-0, 3-0, 2-1 and 3-0.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Agg is 20-3

Pretty embarrassing sh@t
    wow certainly is. new stadium, **** off, we'll be part time in 10 years. pointless exercise, especially when we're scaredy cats against the weegie behemoths

Toooooo many on here just don't like DM and if that's the case they should just not bother commenting as its so repetitive.
    Back the manager his hands were tied today due to illness etc.........1st half good.........2nd half not so good against a team that is (even though we would love to think different) are way way better than ours and any team in this league.

today's game plus ...

Listened from down here in Englandshire, and it sounded as if we were pretty much holding our own in the first half, until their lucky deflection. Second half started badly but we had had some play and the odd chance when they get another fluky goal. I feel it does not fall into the category of capitulation which we have often seen against the dhims - last year's LC final was probably my most disappointing Hampden experience since Big Doug got sent off ... oh, and QoS semi! To get a result against them we need to get in their faces, which we did (or tried to), press them as high as we can (which we did early on at least) and get some luck (which we didn't). I feel our selection was as good as it could be given the issues with Logan, Christie, McKenna, and possibly May. All 4 would have made a difference. It seems as if Deek had little choice, although perhaps Wright or Harvie could have played, although starting Harvie at 18 or whatever at the Tattiedome would have been a big call.

Anyway, I can understand some of the doom and gloom on here, and must admit I will moan and rant as much as the next man, especially when there live, but I refuse to throw in the towel and give up. I have been a Dons fan all my life, and from December 1970 when I first went to Pittodrie, I have looked forward to going to every game, even if the match itself turned out badly, and the team was sh7te, and in those 47 years, I have seen some sh7te. I won't list them, but you know what I mean.

And I am looking forward to my first home game of the season next Saturday, (440 miles away and working Saturdays can be a pis*er - managed three away games this season, and I'm probably the only Dons fan who looks forward to away matches at Killie at 12.30 on a Sunday!)) Yes, we are not the finished article, and we need to make some changes, in January if possible (new LB would do me for starters), but I think Deek - and here I am expecting to be accused of Happy Clapperism - is doing a good job on the whole, and we are certainly in a better place as a team/club/group to use the modern terminology, then we were when he arrived.

Some may be too young to remember some of the darker days as a Dons fan, but the current "Dons experience" is by no means the worst we have seen. Yes, the game is rigged and the west coast bias with refs, media etc is frustrating and yes, the likelihood of things changing in the modern game is remote considering our lack of money, and yes, the power of money in the modern game, especially regarding guffball and Euro football is sickening, but ....

I console myself with the knowledge that I support Aberdeen, and always have through thick, and it must be said mainly thin, and I can understand the frustration of those who weren't fortunate enough to be around from the late 70' to early 90's, but I can still look down on the plastic dhim and sevco fans, and those who claim to be Man U or Man City fans, and all those whose choice of team to support is determined by TV exposure, success, religion, finance or some other spurious reason.

COYR
    I know this is only loosely related to the match, but hey-ho .....

Page 13 of 38 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast