+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 24 of 38 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: Celtic game

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Why then, if we are so dire and tactically dire are we sitting 2nd in the league?
    Why are we 11 points ahead of Hearts?
    Why are we 6 ahead of Hibs?
    Why are we 3 ahead of SevCo?

Why are these teams so better than us, yet not ahead of us.

DM and co must be providing more consistency than them is the answer.
    The league doesn’t lie and it appears you’d rather be in the bottom 6 but able to get a draw off Celtic to keep you happy.
    Bottom six...behave yourself! McInnes should be a lot more positive in bigger matches is what I am asking. He would certainly do himself a favour also.
    Finishing best of the rest convincingly and winning a cup would be a good challenge for him. Stuttering along against a league of broke clubs and finishing second does not make him a hero in my book. As previously stated...it is certainly looking more as time passes that we are only here to make up the numbers!

we are never 2nd best , it's a nice spin

what we are is least worst,

That may sound negative, but the fact is the league is very poor fare, outside of Moneybags.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Bottom six...behave yourself! McInnes should be a lot more positive in bigger matches is what I am asking. He would certainly do himself a favour also.
    Finishing best of the rest convincingly and winning a cup would be a good challenge for him. Stuttering along against a league of broke clubs and finishing second does not make him a hero in my book. As previously stated...it is certainly looking more as time passes that we are only here to make up the numbers!
    Would you rather he had a go and got beat 7-1?
    Like Celtic did at PSG.

The reality is that we are only here to make up the numbers.
    Rogers has Celtic so well resourced and organised that they hold the treble and are well on their way to repeating that.
    Any team can win on any given day, so the cup is our best chance.
    We didn’t do too well in the league cup, but made a better fist of it in the Scottish cup. Nobody else got nearer.
    Respect to Rogers, but until he moves on, we’re realistically picking up scraps, sad as that may be.

Quote Originally Posted by Jussi View Post

That may sound negative, but the fact is the league is very poor fare, outside of Moneybags.
    I’ve never heard the likes of before.
    We didn’t finish 2nd the last three years, we were “least worst” than everyone else.

So to clarify, the two “least worst” teams outside the winners will qualify for Europe with a third “least worst” position go should a team that wins the Scottish Cup already be the winners or one of the two “least worst” teams.

Nah, think I’ll stick with the normal way of discussing league places

Quote Originally Posted by Jussi View Post

I need to disagree. There is good entertaining football played and good players outside of Celtic. It is all relative. There is also good, entertaining and exciting football played in the lower leagues - you should go to a game sometime.

In comparison to Man City, Celtic is guff. Does that make the football they play very poor fare?

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Why then, if we are so dire and tactically dire are we sitting 2nd in the league?
    Why are we 11 points ahead of Hearts?
    Why are we 6 ahead of Hibs?
    Why are we 3 ahead of SevCo?

Why are these teams so better than us, yet not ahead of us.

DM and co must be providing more consistency than them is the answer.
    The league doesn’t lie and it appears you’d rather be in the bottom 6 but able to get a draw off Celtic to keep you happy.
    You’re going off on a wee tangent there. Have another go

So by reasoned debate you really mean listen to me as I am right and you're wrong. I need to understand reality? I understand the difference in budget as everyone else does. Show me another fixture in world football where one side has had 25 straight home league victories against the same rival. Preferably a top flight fixture. That's not referees, money, complacency. That is just simply no belief of getting a result. 25 straight wins. Not even a draw. With your CL analogy even Celtic defeated Barcelona and Man United despite their handicap in resources. I know they were at home and we also beat Celtic at home. Try and see other opinions and not be so dismissive of others

Quote Originally Posted by thebeachend View Post
    So by reasoned debate you really mean listen to me as I am right and you're wrong. I need to understand reality? I understand the difference in budget as everyone else does. Show me another fixture in world football where one side has had 25 straight home league victories against the same rival. Preferably a top flight fixture. That's not referees, money, complacency. That is just simply no belief of getting a result. 25 straight wins. Not even a draw. With your CL analogy even Celtic defeated Barcelona and Man United despite their handicap in resources. I know they were at home and we also beat Celtic at home. Try and see other opinions and not be so dismissive of others
    Ac milan too

Quote Originally Posted by thebeachend View Post
    Show me another fixture in world football where one side has had 25 straight home league victories against the same rival.
    Name another fixture in world football where the top team generates 600% more revenue than their nearest rivals.

Quote Originally Posted by Getintaethem View Post
    Name another fixture in world football where the top team generates 600% more revenue than their nearest rivals.
    There’s plenty of fixtures like that in our league. We’ve got the worst record out the lot of them

Page 24 of 38 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast