+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 29 of 38 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Celtic game

Quote Originally Posted by Getintaethem View Post
    which ones does he not set up to win then?
    We certainly didn’t set up to win yesterday. At Ibrox recently we again set out with a team to sit in and try to contain the home side.
    I am not saying he sets out a team to lose but I am saying he can’t expect a victory after getting beat time after time using the same negative tactics against Celtic especially...so by that reckoning he is not going for a clear win.
    He is cheating the Aberdeen fans and making a farce of the league as a competition.

Good night all. its 1130 with me. time to set up sunty gift giving. merry christmas to all. looking forward to my new bed sheets!

which ones does he not set up to win then?
    Wanting to win is easily said but doing everything in your capability to win is something else. I want to see them coming out looking as if they want to win. A little bit of your user name is sometimes sadly missing especially against Celtic. They need that gumption to make up for the difference in quality although it has been missing at other times too like the cup game vs Motherwell.

I want Aberdeen to win every game. DM wants Aberdeen to win every game. The players want to win every game.

DM could sh1te gold and posters on here would complain about how heavy it was.
    That's a fantastic insight into the mentality of the club and players. What about the directors, do they want to win every game against Celtic as well? As for McInnes $hitting gold - are you suggesting he is an alchemist?

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    We certainly didn’t set up to win yesterday. At Ibrox recently we again set out with a team to sit in and try to contain the home side.
    I am not saying he sets out a team to lose but I am saying he can’t expect a victory after getting beat time after time using the same negative tactics against Celtic especially...so by that reckoning he is not going for a clear win.
    He is cheating the Aberdeen fans and making a farce of the league as a competition.
    Most teams do exactly the same thing when they play us.

Celtic did the same thing when they beat Manchester United, AC Milan etc.

So they are cheating their fans and making a farce of the league.

Most teams do exactly the same thing when they play us.

Celtic did the same thing when they beat Manchester United, AC Milan etc.

So they are cheating their fans and making a farce of the league.
    Celtic could play that way at times and got results because of it.
    We can’t play that way as lots of previous results have shown nothing but defeat. Even when we play them at home we set up that way.
    But hey...who am I as a fan to disagree with Del and his constant failures. I should just enjoy having him here for the time being.

Quote Originally Posted by thebeachend View Post
    Good night all. its 1130 with me. time to set up sunty gift giving. merry christmas to all. looking forward to my new bed sheets!
    Make sure they are plastic.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Celtic could play that way at times and got results because of it.
    We can’t play that way as lots of previous results have shown nothing but defeat. Even when we play them at home we set up that way.
    But hey...who am I as a fan to disagree with Del and his constant failures. I should just enjoy having him here for the time being.
    So your issue is not that, "He is cheating the Aberdeen fans and making a farce of the league as a competition" but that "We can't play that way".

The real issue is we are not a hammer throwers like St Johnstone, Hearts or Motherwell so we cannot out muscle Celtic. We are not as talented a team as Celtic so we cannot go head to head against them. We cannot push them high up the pitch as we leave space for their talented players to create openings. DM has tried all the above and many other tactics. We have competed pretty well in most of the games I have been at. Even when we beat them at Celtic park in the cup, the reality is that that game could have gone either way - and that was when they are pretty ****.

This season, being a season in which we lost two of our best players that created lots of our chances, has meant that we have not been as prolific in terms of chances - even against lesser competition. We have pressed teams and worn them down. Am I as happy with the team as last season, personally no, but we are in a transition period. We can bring in other players but mostly they are of the level we already have. Tansey was going to be a "great" signing and everyone was happy that he finally signed. He has not turned out to be the replacement we had hoped for. These things happen and these things happen to all managers.

It is easy to complain. But saying things like "have a go" and "get into them" (no pun intended) is pretty much completely pointless.

I want Aberdeen to win every game. DM wants Aberdeen to win every game. The players want to win every game.

DM could sh1te gold and posters on here would complain about how heavy it was.
    I think this is where you and afc1903 go wrong with regards to the "pant pishers".

Ach lets have an armstice for a few days.

Merry christmas dudes. Hope its all good. Today is my christmas day.

"oi dad, rack them up"

Page 29 of 38 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast