+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Realistically are we going down or staying up ?

Like ESR says it all depends what happens in January if BFC want championship football they will have to get some experience players in

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    I'm in the staying up camp , but it's going to be hard on recent form , Yes or No only !! Your thoughts ?

I ent a clue to be honest. Heart of hearts it's probably relegation this season for us. League 1 budget equals lg1 football somewhere along the line. On a positive note I'd say 45 points will be enough cos the teams at the bottom are poor. Burton Bolton n Brum won't get over 45 points in my opinion.

Even when you're in sh1t you rally and go on a run. It's just when you hit that run and for how long. I just hope when we do its not 5 wins n 8 draws

I think we'll need a miracle to stay up so its relegation for me.

we are going down. Unless this imaginary take over happens and they pump some cash into buying players. But I believe there is no such take over so I think the worst is gonna happen...down we go.

It's the "Plan" and "spread sheet" that's doing for us. It was a revelation when the bigger clubs were content to let "little old Barnsley" take the punt on your Winnalls and your Hourihanes and Scowens off this world but now they're cutting out the middle man so to speak.

We have to cast our net wider if we're going to be successful.

Well stay up.
    Lemon squeezy

My mind wants to say yes we go down. 2 years ago I was saying league 2! That’s bad! I went to Shrewsbury and thought - 1 off! Na, wrong!
    Same philosophy as 2 years ago, buy cheap to gain results later. Let’s see after Christmas, ‘well drilled team’ in place just like when little **** took over!
    If the same philosophy applied and it works we stay up or go near ply offs! Don’t forget at Christmas last year, h town was 4 points off relegation! A lot can happen so don’t right them off yet!
    Stop being so fickle and get behind them and it might reflect on the pitch!

We'll scrape it, by following pattern this season of scraping some results together and then losing a few, but will be enough to survive.

Home form is the key. We can't win at home.

Just suppose we gerra point at Fulham on Setdi that would be 22 pts from exactly heyf a season meeanin 44 pts in May if we ed the same form. That wud seeuz darn. We need to get 28 points from the next 23 games. Unless we get experienced players, one each at the back, midfield and up front wi wun beein a "leader", I fear we will be buggered.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 19-12-2017 at 09:15 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast