+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Sports Personality of the Year

Sports Personality of the Year

Anybody going to watch or even interested in who gets it?

I've voted - mainly because i discovered i could on the BBC app on my phone and i always like to see who wins.

I think the top two if it was me would be Joshua and Konta. Some of that is because i've not heard of some of the others.

It wouldn't surprise me if Mo Farah got it though.

The list of those up for it

Elise Christie

Mo Farah

Chris Froome

Lewis Hamilton

Anthony Joshua

Harry Kane

Johanna Konta

Jonnie Peacock

Adam Peaty

Jonathan Rea

Anya Shrubsole

Bianca Walkden

Hmm...Joshua or Hamilton for me.

England Under 17's, Under 19's and Under 20's all nominated for team of the year.

They didn't get it though, went to the England Women's Cricket team for their World Cup victory.

Going through those who have died this year in sport.

Tiote and Freddy Shepherd both there.

Not took that show seriously since 1990 when England got to the world cup Semi final but the jolly old BBC gave the team award to the scotland rugby team

Fair shout.

I don't think Farah was an underserved winner myself. He's certainly done a lot of his sport.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)